What's new

Railroad tag

Dirt Fishin Dale

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2006
Messages
799
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
I found this railroad tag while relic hunting around Stafford, Virginia.
Is there anyone on this site that might know more about it?
Thanks

Dale
 

Attachments

  • bagtag.webp
    bagtag.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 599
The Virginia & Tennessee Railroad operated from 1851 until November 1870, when it became part of the Atlantic, Mississippi & Ohio Railroad.

I believe that "Grand Junction" refers to the railroad town of Grand Junction, TN.
 
Thanks PBK
Is Washington City now Washington D.C. ?

Dale
 
Dirt Fishin Dale said:
Thanks PBK
Is Washington City now Washington D.C. ?
Dale

Right you are, Dale! It was commonly known by that name until the late 1800's. In fact, there was another railroad line known as the Washington City, Virginia Midland & Great Southern Railway, which began operating in 1872.
 
WOW!!! I really like that tag. It's in great shape. PBK always adds to the fascination with this hobby by coming up with the info.
 
That is a very nice find. I wonder just what it hung on? Looks like maybe a watch fob for an Engineer or Conductor. Don't really know, just a guess.
 
Nice piece of history Dale......Thank's for sharing!!
 
Aahhh... the old A. M. & O.... The railroad that never happened. :-\ Great find! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom