Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was a foggy day with intermittent drizzle, rain, and wind. Cooler temps.
If this kind of weather will not keep away the stares and screaming heathens from parks and public places nothing will.
A perfect Day to metal detect in those places that are otherwise full of people.
This wasn't anything spectacular in the way of finds except for the weird penny with a cross cut into it. Anybody know what the deal is with that?

So, 3 clad quarters, 3 clad dimes, and 2 clad nickels. More pennies than I cared to count. Most coins were extremely crusty and one of the dirty quarters was being masked by iron but I got him anyway. Also had one nickel and dime also masked by iron.The washer was a real disappointment but will be put to use. And that fake ring was sounding mostly like iron.
It began to rain rather hard so it was time to come home. Used the Nokta Legend and LG24 coil. It's still finding things in places I've hunted for years. They may not be spectacular finds, but at least they are being found now. The idea is to truly clean out this place using the LG24 then go back with the LG30, followed by the Equinox 800 and stock coil and lastly the Mnelab XTerra Pro(dig it all detector).

Attachments

• junkclad050424.jpg
    junkclad050424.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 36
Upvote 10

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin shooting! Nothing more fun than coin shooting. :icon_thumright:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a foggy day with intermittent drizzle, rain, and wind. Cooler temps.
If this kind of weather will not keep away the stares and screaming heathens from parks and public places nothing will.
A perfect Day to metal detect in those places that are otherwise full of people.
This wasn't anything spectacular in the way of finds except for the weird penny with a cross cut into it. Anybody know what the deal is with that?

So, 3 clad quarters, 3 clad dimes, and 2 clad nickels. More pennies than I cared to count. Most coins were extremely crusty and one of the dirty quarters was being masked by iron but I got him anyway. Also had one nickel and dime also masked by iron.The washer was a real disappointment but will be put to use. And that fake ring was sounding mostly like iron.
It began to rain rather hard so it was time to come home. Used the Nokta Legend and LG24 coil. It's still finding things in places I've hunted for years. They may not be spectacular finds, but at least they are being found now. The idea is to truly clean out this place using the LG24 then go back with the LG30, followed by the Equinox 800 and stock coil and lastly the Mnelab XTerra Pro(dig it all detector).
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread