What's new

Random blob of lead SOLVED chatterbox

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2009
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
4,024
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Does this random blob of lead speak to you? Do you think it has a story to tell?

Found at a rural homesite, circa late 18th to late 19th C.

2d7alx1.jpg


vhyhd1.jpg
 
Re: Random blob of lead

yeap, it says throw my in the bucket with all the other pile of lead
 
Upvote 0
Re: Random blob of lead

CRUSADER said:
yeap, it says throw my in the bucket with all the other pile of lead

I can hear it say that too ! ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: Random blob of lead

Would you like a couple hundred of its brothers and sisters? :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Random blob of lead

kuger said:
Would you like a couple hundred of its brothers and sisters? :thumbsup:

get with the program, or did the blob say he wanted a family reunion
 
Upvote 0
Re: Random blob of lead

CRUSADER said:
kuger said:
Would you like a couple hundred of its brothers and sisters? :thumbsup:

get with the program, or did the blob say he wanted a family reunion
[/quote
Well excuse me,I am sorry,yea it said I am lonely,and worthless and could have been anything from pipe solder(lead)or remnants of a million other uses of molten lead back in the day......I wont disappoint you again! :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Random blob of lead

kuger said:
CRUSADER said:
kuger said:
Would you like a couple hundred of its brothers and sisters? :thumbsup:

get with the program, or did the blob say he wanted a family reunion
[/quote
Well excuse me,I am sorry,yea it said I am lonely,and worthless and could have been anything from pipe solder(lead)or remnants of a million other uses of molten lead back in the day......I wont disappoint you again! :wink:



Well, that's not what it told me!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Random blob of lead

You Brits talk funny maybe I misunderstood?Well speak up,get with the program,what did it tell you? :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Random blob of lead

Jolly funny, lads !! :icon_thumleft: ;D :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Random blob of lead

:laughing7:

And I thought it was saying "Hi" or "Go to Michigan"

2v9btwp.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: Random blob of lead

Hey yea,its an early catchers mitt!!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Random blob of lead

Bramblefind said:
Does this random blob of lead speak to you? Do you think it has a story to tell?

Found at a rural homesite, circa late 18th to late 19th C.

2d7alx1.jpg


vhyhd1.jpg
i see jesus
 
Upvote 0
It told me that it was part of the lead used to cast bullets for April 19 1775. I like that piece of lead. :)
 
Upvote 0
Just me but when I find little blobs at campsites(not houses)I buckle down as I have found the bullet mold nearby.......also means somebody spent some time there....maybe long enough to have dropped something?
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the creative and helpful responses :D The only reason I gave this artifact a second look is that I was thumbing through an archeaology book "Before Albany" and I found this reference-

2ch8iv.jpg


i6a0sz.jpg


Now I do NOT think my blob is a Native American artifact. I, however, did want to pass along this information to others who might find their own blobs that could be worth a second look (particularly if found in the US eastern/mid-atlantic area).
 
Upvote 0
Thanks,I did not know that,but as I said there were a thousand uses for lead,it was pretty handy.....now its Toxic!! :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Thanks,I did not know that,but as I said there were a thousand uses for lead,it was pretty handy.....now its Toxic!! :dontknow:

only now its toxic :D :wink: Before it used to be safe :(
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
kuger said:
Thanks,I did not know that,but as I said there were a thousand uses for lead,it was pretty handy.....now its Toxic!! :dontknow:

only now its toxic :D :wink: Before it used to be safe :(
Yea,go figure? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
CRUSADER said:
kuger said:
Thanks,I did not know that,but as I said there were a thousand uses for lead,it was pretty handy.....now its Toxic!! :dontknow:

only now its toxic :D :wink: Before it used to be safe :(
Yea,go figure? :dontknow:

Yes, it used to be safe--unless you were on the wrong end of it.
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
kuger said:
CRUSADER said:
kuger said:
Thanks,I did not know that,but as I said there were a thousand uses for lead,it was pretty handy.....now its Toxic!! :dontknow:

only now its toxic :D :wink: Before it used to be safe :(
Yea,go figure? :dontknow:

Yes, it used to be safe--unless you were on the wrong end of it.

Now that caught me off guard. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom