RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AARC,

Yeah that idea kind of gives me flashbacks to a certain doctor's visit I vividly recall....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

I always wanted to take a ride in a real UFO.

But its that "probing" part of the ride that keeps me from pursuing / trying.

:P

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sword-gunports.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190219_142015.jpg one of my favorite things to do.......free diving for collector grade shells. 20 -25 foot. We all got a few. Heres my catch. 3 queen conchs, and one king helmet. 25$ a shell for the queens, and we will bargain on the king helmet. Could get 40 for this small one, but would be more like 60-80 for bigger ones. My side money when I get home.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190219_142023.jpg 20190219_141953.jpg whole lotta fun getting these guys.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

I ate conch salad on the wharf in Freeport when I was there for my honeymoon in 1984.

Would imagine now conch is probably very restricted due to overfishing. I also have Queen Conch shell we bought one live in Montreal at a fish market and what a job getting it out of the shell when you don't have a clue what you're doing....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

View attachment 1682675 one of my favorite things to do.......free diving for collector grade shells. 20 -25 foot. We all got a few. Heres my catch. 3 queen conchs, and one king helmet. 25$ a shell for the queens, and we will bargain on the king helmet. Could get 40 for this small one, but would be more like 60-80 for bigger ones. My side money when I get home.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Take your little finger a gently click on the attachment and like magic it will appear.:tongue3:

The image doesn't work on my PC either. Still getting this:

vBulletin Message
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Bart, some really beautiful shells!!

When you find them, are they vacant? Or are the previous occupants ever still there?? :dontknow:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart,

I ate conch salad on the wharf in Freeport when I was there for my honeymoon in 1984.

Would imagine now conch is probably very restricted due to overfishing. I also have Queen Conch shell we bought one live in Montreal at a fish market and what a job getting it out of the shell when you don't have a clue what you're doing....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Yes......we love conch salad and have eaten a bunch of it this week. Mmmmmm mmmmm good. I've been free diving these things most my life. It's so much fun, and I have a good healthy market for the shells, so it's a win win for me. I get paid to guide my boss to them and then get to sell the shells.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

vBulletin Message
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

It worked fine on mine. Maybe restart .Don't know why it didn't show to begin with.it wasn't :censored:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart, some really beautiful shells!!

When you find them, are they vacant? Or are the previous occupants ever still there?? :dontknow:

The animals are a delicacy, and the collectors want them caught while the animal is live so the shells are in there best condition. The meat is in high demand and we could sell it but we always keep it for ourselves. I rarely sell the meat because we love to eat it so much. Conch fritters, conch salad, cracked conch, conch chowder etc...etc. I eat the meat and sell the shell. The shell collectors are very picky and can even tell if we have rinsed them In fresh water. They will drop the price on you if you have cleaned them in chlorinated fresh water. Can only clean them in salt water or distilled water for maximum profit.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

vBulletin Message

The dang Russians got us again.:BangHead:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I feel bad that BC 1969 left after my point of view...

He is welcome... but should check some of the negativity at the door from now on... tis better for all including himself.

Anyway...

I am off... and leave you with a special picture to enjoy...

Night Tnet.

il_340x270_1457459060_qkk0.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Goodnight folks. 3a7ff5a112c51e11209d479e217d3bb1.gif I'm coming baby.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WANT THAT IN MY HOUSE!!!

Well I am sure those are still at one of Mels kids houses... I believe that picture is of both margarita and atocha stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread