RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you guys probably think I have it made traveling around on yachts, fishing, diving, and treasure hunting. Well heres a behind the scenes story to give you an idea about some of the not so fun work. There is one thing everyone who owns a boat dreads......a sewage system failure !! View attachment 1711729 the only way to even see the pump for the sewage tank was to take a pic because it's dark back in the bowels of the boat. This sewage waste pump had to be replaced and it was almost impossible to get to. I was forced to lay on my side and squeeze my shoulders through a small hatch and lay on top of pipes and wires that were bruising my ribs. I new there would be some fecas and piss involved in the removal of the pumps hoses, but I didn't realize the system was under pressure !! Now keep in mind there are 2 engine mechanics also working in the bilge. As soon as I undid the hose clamps the hose blew off with a big blast of raw sewage !! I tried to escape but was stuck in the small opening of the hatch. Resting on my elbows the first gag reflex came and I knew I was gonna barf. As I started to throw up I could here the mechanics starting to gag, cough, and cuss. About that time all the carbon monoxide and co2 alarms started to scream. By the time I got myself out of that hole I had thrown up all over my arms and was dripping vomit, s..t, and sewage off my elbows. One mechanic threw up in the bilge and the other just made it out of the boat before he vomited. I came bursting out of the boat and jumped straight into the canal fully clothed like a man on fire. Jumped straight in with wallet, phone, and keys. It was not pleasant and took 2 days of bleaching to clean it up. The boat had to be aired out for 3 days, and I had to squeeze back in the hole and wire plumb and mount the new pump. It was a week long effort to get this one pump done and I'm bruised and beaten from the struggle. That's just to let you guys know that it ain't all tropical paradise, clear waters and sunsets. Nooooooo not the crapper pump !! The most dreaded job in yachting. I hope none of you ever have to go through that hell.

Right at the blast part I started to gag from here.... humph. err.. e-gads man.

I laughed my ass off as soon as the rest of your well written story continued...

Sheeshus.

lol

Um... you forgot something though... did you go get some shots yet ? lol :P

I just read this story to an entire packed Starbucks having open mic night. :P

I would have projectile spewed all the way out into the water as well.

My god. heh

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ya......I jumped in the canal gasping for air and gagging fully clothed !! When it sets off the co2 and carbon monoxide detectors.....well.....let's just say it's a bit more than a little fart smell !! My tour of doody is done Capt. D gets the next fecal disaster !!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pet frogs are cool... they eat bugs... and are helluva good stare contest masters...

You can hold em... and pet em... love em... and name them George.

:P

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh BTW ECS... "George" is ALSO the "pet name" I have given you. :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Bill, not late, still 4 hours left. Lol

Like AARC said, Bart, i hope you got antibacterialized inside & out!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Dorothy - " 'I think you are a very bad man "
Wizard - "Oh, no, my dear; I'm really a very good man, Just a bad Wizard "
Scarecrow - Now that I have a brain I realize that AARC took me for a bundle with his 3 card monty game in Ybor City!
AND that's not hay!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reg ?

Really
Elastic
Guy ?

Reg short for "regular"... err ahhh Regiment .... hmmm ?

Regulation ?... regress ?

Reeeee ummmm... I GOT IT...

Regurgitation ! ! ! that's it.... I knew it all along.

:)

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ECS... I have always found one thing to be strange... (hmmm ok more than one, but one thing in particular and one on the forefront of thought currently)

In all these years you have never asked me.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Tinman: AARC sold me a discount for a Jiffy Lube, but when I got there on Busch Blvd, they never heard of him!
Then I got caught in a Florida thunder storm from off the Gulf and froze in my tracks.
As Neil Young said, rust never sleeps!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh well...

And speaking of well...

All is well that ends well.

And as far as well's go.... This well of conversation has dried up... time to dig anew again.

Until again.

I will see you when I am looking at you.

G night.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Tinman: AARC sold me a discount for a Jiffy Lube, but when I got there on Busch Blvd, they never heard of him!
Then I got caught in a Florida thunder storm from off the Gulf and froze in my tracks.
As Neil Young said, rust never sleeps!
Cowardly Lion: You think that's bad, you old rust bucket of bolts, AARC took me to Busch Gardens as a guest and left me there and I'm still doing three shoes a day for the tourists!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

And I thought I had a sh--ty job doing railway marketing me thinks I'll stick to being a land lubber....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Well you guys probably think I have it made traveling around on yachts, fishing, diving, and treasure hunting. Well heres a behind the scenes story to give you an idea about some of the not so fun work. There is one thing everyone who owns a boat dreads......a sewage system failure !! View attachment 1711729 the only way to even see the pump for the sewage tank was to take a pic because it's dark back in the bowels of the boat. This sewage waste pump had to be replaced and it was almost impossible to get to. I was forced to lay on my side and squeeze my shoulders through a small hatch and lay on top of pipes and wires that were bruising my ribs. I new there would be some fecas and piss involved in the removal of the pumps hoses, but I didn't realize the system was under pressure !! Now keep in mind there are 2 engine mechanics also working in the bilge. As soon as I undid the hose clamps the hose blew off with a big blast of raw sewage !! I tried to escape but was stuck in the small opening of the hatch. Resting on my elbows the first gag reflex came and I knew I was gonna barf. As I started to throw up I could here the mechanics starting to gag, cough, and cuss. About that time all the carbon monoxide and co2 alarms started to scream. By the time I got myself out of that hole I had thrown up all over my arms and was dripping vomit, s..t, and sewage off my elbows. One mechanic threw up in the bilge and the other just made it out of the boat before he vomited. I came bursting out of the boat and jumped straight into the canal fully clothed like a man on fire. Jumped straight in with wallet, phone, and keys. It was not pleasant and took 2 days of bleaching to clean it up. The boat had to be aired out for 3 days, and I had to squeeze back in the hole and wire plumb and mount the new pump. It was a week long effort to get this one pump done and I'm bruised and beaten from the struggle. That's just to let you guys know that it ain't all tropical paradise, clear waters and sunsets. Nooooooo not the crapper pump !! The most dreaded job in yachting. I hope none of you ever have to go through that hell.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh ya......I jumped in the canal gasping for air and gagging fully clothed !! When it sets off the co2 and carbon monoxide detectors.....well.....let's just say it's a bit more than a little fart smell !! My tour of doody is done Capt. D gets the next fecal disaster !!

Bart,

You may want to look into this grapefruit seed extract ESPECIALLY after that mishap,google uses of it,I've used it for decades.

41EXpDLm6mL.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm looking on Google for a fishing spot that's real close but a decent patch reef. Most of the time the hawk channel is murky, but every now and then Google earth updates and you get some better details. Well all be damnd......they updated and the shots are from a rare clear day in the hawk channel !! I cant remember what this wreck is and I definitely dont remember ever even seeing it. Its smack dab in front of my house. It could be something uncovered after Irma, or it could be something that's well known that I just haven't been too in a long time or never went too. I cant imagine not ever seeing this thing, especially right in front of my house. It might be covered in murky water of the hawk channel most of the time. Well see....I'm definitely going to check it out. Screenshot_20190512-221734_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20190512-221752_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20190512-221818_Maps.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread