What's new

RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WD,

Yep we're quite fortunate as we're only a few hundred feet from the lake. We bought in 1985 for about $70,000 and couldn't afford our house today since they're going for about $500,000 for your standard 3 bedroom cottage.

You can also see why I don't mind doing my morning walks.

You have a beautiful place to live. That must make the winters a lot more bearable.
 
folks,

Snapped a few more pictures this a.m. A flotila of Canada geese, I cropped one of the pictures to show WD the nesting boxes for the purple martin's also there's a miniature replica of the original chapel for the settlement of Lachine from the 1600's.
 

Attachments

  • DSC02761 (302x557).webp
    DSC02761 (302x557).webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC02761 (600x328).webp
    DSC02761 (600x328).webp
    44 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC02762 (415x232).webp
    DSC02762 (415x232).webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC02763 (600x297).webp
    DSC02763 (600x297).webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC02764 (600x494).webp
    DSC02764 (600x494).webp
    68 KB · Views: 42
I'm back from "scouting". I walked over the older part of town, selected a few houses that looked promising, so now I'll have to get permission from them. My mom and dad move like snails, when it comes to taking me anywhere, so that's why I haven't gotten permission for anything yet. There is a good chance however that I'll be traveling by a covered bridge, so maybe I can get a pic. Probably not.
 
f406491bf0e1ca3e62a2ced55f023170.webpYes
 

Attachments

  • 8c2db43829c2b800ba454ba5274cbbc4.gif
    8c2db43829c2b800ba454ba5274cbbc4.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
I'm tryin ta hook you up RR.586ac81426e1f1eb87a2dd32cd7f058c.gif Ain't she Purdy? Even wearing Kentucky blue ta match.:laughing9:
 
I'm back from "scouting". I walked over the older part of town, selected a few houses that looked promising, so now I'll have to get permission from them. My mom and dad move like snails, when it comes to taking me anywhere, so that's why I haven't gotten permission for anything yet. There is a good chance however that I'll be traveling by a covered bridge, so maybe I can get a pic. Probably not.

RR
If the water's not too deep if there is water, on both sides of that bridge may be a promising place to detect. It could of been that troups crossed in times back.
 
Well, at least you got Baker-Mayfield.
My brother and his wife lived in Ohio for a short time. Can't remember where. They liked it. They liked it even more after they moved to Alabama :)

Geesh! Making me look up football crap?!?!?! And the Browns no less?!?!?!? Do you know where the safest place to go in case of a tornado in Ohio? FirstEnergy Stadium = very few touchdowns there.
 
WD,

Yep we're quite fortunate as we're only a few hundred feet from the lake. We bought in 1985 for about $70,000 and couldn't afford our house today since they're going for about $500,000 for your standard 3 bedroom cottage.

You can also see why I don't mind doing my morning walks.

You invested well Sensei. :notworthy:

Adjusted for inflation, $70,000.00 in 1985 is equal to $167,011.49 in 2019.


PS. I love the Chapel!
 
Last edited:
Geesh! Making me look up football crap?!?!?! And the Browns no less?!?!?!? Do you know where the safest place to go in case of a tornado in Ohio? FirstEnergy Stadium = very few touchdowns there.

You don't know about him?! Your football saviour? I thought you were a sports nut.

62aa0640a202536e7affbfd564441f20.webp
dog-fans-1-videoLarge (1).webp
 
WD,

Yep we're quite fortunate as we're only a few hundred feet from the lake. We bought in 1985 for about $70,000 and couldn't afford our house today since they're going for about $500,000 for your standard 3 bedroom cottage.

You can also see why I don't mind doing my morning walks.

You ever fish in that lake?
 
hbp,

I fished a bit from the shore mostly perch and sunfish. Depending on the season we also have large mouth bass, walleye and pike, catfish and sturgeon.
 
RR
If the water's not too deep if there is water, on both sides of that bridge may be a promising place to detect. It could of been that troups crossed in times back.


The problem is the flooding. When the Tygart floods, it destroys. I am honestly surprised the bridge is still standing.
 
This is Bennet Mill bridge, built by Benjamin Bennet, and his brother, Parmeley. Benjamin served as an Ohio, and Kentucky soldier during the Civil War. The bridge was built in 1855, and was restored in 2004.

DSC_0059.webpDSC_0070.webp
 
Rook, you tryin' to kill me with that gif? I now have an irregular heartbeat.:laughing7:
 
I found my first Wheatie! It was in a minefield of melted Aluminum in my front yard.

DSC_0071.webpDSC_0072.webp
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom