RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
folks,

As most of you know I do a 1 to 2 hour walk pretty much every day all year long.

Well a few weeks ago when I changed up my route somewhat I came across a primary school garden project.

There were a few raised beds with herbs, a few strawberry and blueberry plants.

The 2 main beds had a bunch of cucumber plants and the 2nd one loads of tomato plants. Don't know about the rest of you folks but I was raised not to waste food.

Since this was no doubt a school project it appears when the school year ended no arrangements were made for tending to the garden. In my mind that's completely irresponsible they should have made arrangements to tend to the garden during the summer and at least give the produce to a food bank, soup kitchen, etc...

Well due to the heat and no rain the plants were suffering so Monday and again tonight we took over a couple of 5 gallon buckets of water and gave them a good shot of water and for our trouble we picked 3lbs 8 ounces of english cucumbers.

At this rate well be supplying the neighbourhood with free cucumbers and tomatoes for the summer....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:
rook,

Well you probably heard of the leaning tower of Piza well thats the leaning covered bridge of Kentucky.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

this is the story of the racing legacy of the family I work for.....we have all the records. This is why it was such an honor for me to be part of the team this year !! And on the most incredible boat to ever sail in the race. I'm still walking around with my head so large it takes a fork lift to get it through the yacht club door !! They have treated me with a tremendous amount of respect concerning my skills at sea !! Not to mention a big bonus for our win. I do miss the hard fast ride of il mostro. I never had the honor until this year to test my own sailing skills against the best in the world until now. I feel incredible to know that I can hang with the best in the world. Australian, kiwis (New Zealanders), south Africans, english and irish, and the best america has to offer. I'm still in shock at all the attention I'm getting from every one. This has been the most incredible summer in a long time.....and by far the best great lakes trip of my career. Thank you lord for tremendous blessings !!........its not about how much money you made, in the end it's about the life you lived. I hope when I'm long gone my kid will say.....what a great man my father was......I'm so home sick for my family that it's not even funny !

Good night guys. See ya in the A.M. Who knows what will happen tomorrow. Maybe I'll swing around to Vanceburg, maybe Wheelersburg, or pound the crap out of my yard (which now looks like a WWII bombing range) for another wheatie.

response to Bart

Bart,

Someone once said the best revenge is a life well lived. Another quote is there are 3 types of people in the world those who lead the parade, those who watch the parade and those who don't even know there's a parade going on.

Odds are you know which category you fall in....:headbang::headbang::headbang:

this is the story of the racing legacy of the family I work for.....we have all the records. This is why it was such an honor for me to be part of the team this

year !! And on the most incredible boat to ever sail in the race. I'm still walking around with my head so large it takes a fork lift to get it through the yacht club door !! They have treated me with a tremendous amount of respect concerning my skills at sea !! Not to mention a big bonus for our win. I do miss the hard fast ride of il mostro. I never had the honor until this year to test my own sailing skills against the best in the world until now. I feel incredible to know that I can hang with the best in the world. Australian, kiwis (New Zealanders), south Africans, english and irish, and the best america has to offer. I'm still in shock at all the attention I'm getting from every one. This has been the most incredible summer in a long time.....and by far the best great lakes trip of my career. Thank you lord for tremendous blessings !!........its not about how much money you made, in the end it's about the life you lived. I hope when I'm long gone my kid will say.....what a great man my father was......I'm so home sick for my family that it's not even funny !

folks,

As most of you know I do a 1 to 2 hour walk pretty much every day all year long.

Well a few weeks ago when I changed up my route somewhat I came across a primary school garden project.

There were a few raised beds with herbs, a few strawberry and blueberry plants.

The 2 main beds had a bunch of cucumber plants and the 2nd one loads of tomato plants. Don't know about the rest of you folks but I was raised not to waste food.

Since this was no doubt a school project it appears when the school year ended no arrangements were made for tending to the garden. In my mind that's completely irresponsible they should have made arrangements to tend to the garden during the summer and at least give the produce to a food bank, soup kitchen, etc...

Well due to the heat and no rain the plants were suffering so Monday and again tonight we took over a couple of 5 gallon buckets of water and gave them a good shot of water and for our trouble we picked 3lbs 8 ounces of english cucumbers.

At this rate well be supplying the neighbourhood with free cucumbers and tomatoes for the summer....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

How far you get on that walk Uncle? Fifty yards is good ....Not judging from here. (Am kidding though.)

this is the story of the racing legacy of the family I work for.....we have all the records. This is why it was such an honor for me to be part of the team this year !! And on the most incredible boat to ever sail in the race. I'm still walking around with my head so large it takes a fork lift to get it through the yacht club door !! They have treated me with a tremendous amount of respect concerning my skills at sea !! Not to mention a big bonus for our win. I do miss the hard fast ride of il mostro. I never had the honor until this year to test my own sailing skills against the best in the world until now. I feel incredible to know that I can hang with the best in the world. Australian, kiwis (New Zealanders), south Africans, english and irish, and the best america has to offer. I'm still in shock at all the attention I'm getting from every one. This has been the most incredible summer in a long time.....and by far the best great lakes trip of my career. Thank you lord for tremendous blessings !!........its not about how much money you made, in the end it's about the life you lived. I hope when I'm long gone my kid will say.....what a great man my father was......I'm so home sick for my family that it's not even funny !

You won?
Congrats!
Wow.

You are "the" guy to have around such endeavors Bart.

folks,

Berkeley, Ca is now gender neutral very refreshing....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

-

Does someone know where I can buy this Anping-factory-low-price-concertina-razor-barbed.jpg razor barbed wire to modify my good old Lucille ??? 71iUAQfsOXL._SL1500_.jpg

This is Bennet Mill bridge, built by Benjamin Bennet, and his brother, Parmeley. Benjamin served as an Ohio, and Kentucky soldier during the Civil War. The bridge was built in 1855, and was restored in 2004.

-

Just remember when I saw as a kid a western movie with such a bridge and I fall in love! They are great!

Morning mates folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back