RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to keep the axe head because it's cool looking. The only problem i face is preserving it and finding a well typed out preservation process. I don't want to end up shocking myself to death.

TOM RESTORER !!! Slayer of rust, preserver of iron, king of steel preservation and restoration !!! Surely he has a system that will work and have that ax head cutting mahogany in no time. Probably sleeping over there or something right now !!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey AARC........where you going for hiatus ?? By the way I wonder what ever happened to cannonballguy. Last time you went on hiatus he and I kept the fort down.........then when you came back he disappeared ? He was very concerned with my wellbeing during the hurricane. It was nice that he checked on me during the storm. Alright AARC....we will do our best.

Haven't seen CBC in awhile... hope he is ok.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,

I liked those last two videos. Beautiful voices in that family. Here's a video of a couple people I know. I go to church with the young lady. Interesting fact about her: when she sings she has to be barefoot. It's a "thing" with her. :laughing9:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff is legally blind. He is very musically gifted. He's wrote jingles for local businesses and made it on Good Morning America for a thing they were highlighting. He has battle cancer off and on.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

She's quite talented. You mentioned earlier about playing a Stones song for your dentist well I sent a link for this song to my dentist awhile back because I thought it was the perfect fit....lol.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,

She's quite talented. You mentioned earlier about playing a Stones song for your dentist well I sent a link for this song to my dentist awhile back because I thought it was the perfect fit....lol.

LOL! That is perfect!

Here's a joke for you.....

What's a dentist's favorite hymn?

Crown Him With Many Crowns :icon_king::icon_queen::icon_king:

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
good morning Tnet

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Wrightdigger, for brass objects i use bar keepers friend that will work on brass,porcelain,steel.and some other metals too

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, gold boy! Thanks for the tip. One of these days I will take a phot of my lightening rod. I never posted it because I found it before I joined TNET and I had some weird misconception that I shouldn't count it. :icon_scratch:

Actually had it for a few years and didn't know what the heck it was. Then, one day last year, we had an appliance repair man here who happens to know antiques and such. He ID'd it for me.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Here's a recipe for carmalized red onion chutney. It's a 2 part series so wait until the end for the 2nd part to start.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the song. Managed to finish my chores to it. :thumbsup:
After supper I'll be free to do whatever.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I just learned something about the American revolution. The other reason, besides taxation, that the colonists rebelled was Britain's refusal to let them settle the Ohio country. Hmm.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Why don't you put Mr. WD on kitchen duty and put your feet up...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

I just finished whipping up a homemade potato salad which is cooling down in the fridge.

Part 2 I'll prep some broccoli and were having one of those salted hams. The tricks to cooking them is in a mixture of water and beer and a few peeled potatoes peeled and cut in chunks. That helps to draw off the salt between the liquid and the potatoes.

Regards + HH

Bill

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
On March 8 and 9, 1782, a group of Pennsylvania militiamen under the command of Captain David Williamson attacked the Moravian Church mission founded by David Zeisberger at Gnadenhutten. The militia attacked the American Indians in retaliation for the deaths and kidnappings of several white Pennsylvanians, although this particular group of so-called "Christian Delaware" had recently returned from their new outpost at Upper Sandusky to forage for crops, and were not responsible for the Pennsylvania attack. The militiamen attacked the Christian Delaware, although these peoples had not been involved in the previous incidents. The Christian Delawares had abandoned Gnadenhutten the year before, but some of them had returned to harvest crops that were still in the fields.
On March 8, the militiamen arrived at Gnadenhutten. Accusing the American Indians of the attack on the Pennsylvania settlements, the soldiers rounded them up and placed the men and women in separate buildings in the abandoned village overnight. The militiamen then voted to execute their captives the following morning. Informed of their impending deaths, the Christian Delawares spent the night praying and singing hymns. The next morning the soldiers took the Christian Delaware in pairs to a cabin and murdered them. In all, Williamson's men murdered twenty-eight men, twenty-nine women, and thirty-nine children. There were only two survivors, who informed the Moravian missionaries and other Christian American Indians as to what had occurred.

OHS_AL02709.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions