RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kid, when this below is the coin, it has some chloride problems.

Put it in a glass on a plastic cap and fill a little bit ammonia in the glass and close the lid. If you see dark blue drops on the coin and the sick areas, pull it out and wash it very good with distilled water. Do this again until no more dark blue drops are to see on the coin. Watch the process the entire time! don´t need long time. The sick parts will later be light blue but the coin is stable than and this procedure is not dangerous as using BTA (MAKES Cancer!!). Best coating for such sick pieces is hot wax!

Thanks for the info. I wish you were my neighbour because id pay you to be restoring everything! HaHa

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
serious question.....My dad was just diagnosed with dementia around the middle of stages. If I can get him interested in metal detecting would it be worth the effort.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
serious question.....My dad was just diagnosed with dementia around the middle of stages. If I can get him interested in metal detecting would it be worth the effort.

I think so... but really I have no idea.

I think anything that keeps ya moving and entertained is a good thing.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is more or less to get him out and moving. He has developed sundowner which means he needs to get out during the day in order to sleep at night....

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats better than metal detecting to keep one tired at night.. :)

Welll there is football or tennis... or volleyball...or... ehhh you get the picture...

But hey who has time or the energy anymore for those.

Besides sure beats something like golf.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is more or less to get him out and moving. He has developed sundowner which means he needs to get out during the day in order to sleep at night....

It would never hurt to try it. Great exercise and fun. Not to mention quality time together! [emoji2][emoji106]

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well they say they revert to things from the past so I'm also hoping to get a conversation going about what may be found and also where we can look from his childhood....:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time i was invited to play golf...

I showed up with 3 detectors and a shovel and scoop.

Did not go over to well.

Did manage to locate a sprinkler :P

JK

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well they say they revert to things from the past so I'm also hoping to get a conversation going about what may be found and also where we can look from his childhood....:icon_thumleft:

Keep us informed for sure how it all plays out. I cant think of anything more perfect than some good detecting with him. Some good hikes on shorelines and
old trails/roads looking for spots to detect later on works in between hunts too! [emoji2][emoji106]

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I have gotten to the point that I can now just "sense" where a sprinkler is. :tongue3:
sprinkler.jpg

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
All kidding aside ARC, I was looking for a pic of someone metal detecting a sprinkler and found this in that category. Almost like your sandals.
Sprinkler Head Detector.jpg Actually called "Sprinkler Head Detector ".

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Friends, take the time and watch this! You can start at minute 4 on the first video!

Wonder that no one asked yet if it sends data to the Mo**ad...

I even thrown my mobile phone in the trash year ago....

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

Hi Buddy! Hope you and all others are well!

"which may have belonged to the Danish king Harald Bluetooth"........

Seems there are still archeologist out there who urgently needs to put their names in the history books...or at least in any kind of media to get a name!
This is the way how manipulation of history starts and believe me, this guys will fake history when it is good for their later career!

I would be ashamed on myself for putting such ridiculous speculation on a common small and complete unimportant viking treasure! :BangHead:

On Gotland you can find thousands of this treasures but even bigger and they wasn´t from any king....

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Alexa will probably file an "Assault" charge against that guy now, :laughing7:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Buddy! Hope you and all others are well!

"which may have belonged to the Danish king Harald Bluetooth"........

Seems there are still archeologist out there who urgently needs to put their names in the history books...or at least in any kind of media to get a name!
This is the way how manipulation of history starts and believe me, this guys will fake history when it is good for their later career!

I would be ashamed on myself for putting such ridiculous speculation on a common small and complete unimportant viking treasure! :BangHead:

On Gotland you can find thousands of this treasures but even bigger and they wasn´t from any king....

==============
Yep, all three of us. Me, myself, and I . :icon_scratch:
How is Tom doing today ?

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

Can´t answer your question but...

Dementia is directly connected to aluminium. Try a natural detoxification! There are enough plants which brings out the poison from the body. Look at the internet, there is real good stuff to find!

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Alexa will probably file an "Assault" charge against that guy now, :laughing7:

Still waiting that "they" force us to take RFID chips under the skin...

When this will happen, it is the last time you hear from me but you can follow the entire story of the bloodshed later on every TV !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread