RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom,

No problem....were you practicing your bee whispering.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

YUP! Was sitting directly in frond of the entry with approx 200 bees around me.
Funny was, every time a worker bee flies out of the entrance, it hits my head or body! They must be more blind than me :laughing7:
Seems the 200 which was flying on the entrance was young bees which makes a kind of "flight training" :icon_thumright:
Very interesting to watch what stuff they doing on the entrance! It seems the guards are always behind the entrance and don´t come out. Others cleaning the area of the entrance permanently and others check everything for other entrances or spaces they close immediately.

But is not only bees Buddy, I have also a very good relation to wasps! I am shocking always people with fondling them and take them on a hand etc. :laughing7:

We have taken from old frames the first Propolis. Weird stuff.... but good to sell.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
38533c332cd571b348a5124fa88d3076.jpg

Everyone have a relaxing Sunday.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
002.JPG
Out for a ride yesterday I thought we were shot at when this thing went off with a loud BANG. Found these 'wire things' all over the back seat.Spring loaded system malfunctioned somehow all by itself with enough force it surely would of poked an eye out. 004.JPG Scared the crap out of me for a second.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

YUP! Was sitting directly in frond of the entry with approx 200 bees around me.
Funny was, every time a worker bee flies out of the entrance, it hits my head or body! They must be more blind than me :laughing7:
Seems the 200 which was flying on the entrance was young bees which makes a kind of "flight training" :icon_thumright:
Very interesting to watch what stuff they doing on the entrance! It seems the guards are always behind the entrance and don´t come out. Others cleaning the area of the entrance permanently and others check everything for other entrances or spaces they close immediately.

But is not only bees Buddy, I have also a very good relation to wasps! I am shocking always people with fondling them and take them on a hand etc. :laughing7:

We have taken from old frames the first Propolis. Weird stuff.... but good to sell.
What is propolis tom ?? I know it must be bee related, but I dont think I ever herd that term. Im thinking some kind of pollen or nectar ?? I guess I could look it up.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1616744
Out for a ride yesterday I thought we were shot at when this thing went off with a loud BANG. Found these 'wire things' all over the back seat.Spring loaded system malfunctioned somehow all by itself with enough force it surely would of poked an eye out. View attachment 1616748 Scared the crap out of me for a second.

I can see the sprung spring in the pic roger, wow that coulda hurt !!

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
What is propolis tom ?? I know it must be bee related, but I dont think I ever herd that term. Im thinking some kind of pollen or nectar ?? I guess I could look it up.

Bart, it is this stuff below. It is antiseptic etc. People making fluids and other stuff from it.
Bees but it over stuff they can not clean up like other dead animals etc.

Attachments

• 91zpkgArjqL._SX522_.jpg
    91zpkgArjqL._SX522_.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 42

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see the sprung spring in the pic roger, wow that coulda hurt !!

Yeah it launched the handle portion up against the rear passenger door with quite a bit of force.I thought a bullet had hit the car.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...thats wierd !! Its like ambergris from bees !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

looks like a "high quality" umbrella....

Weird!

Yeah who knows.No shortage of shoes/umbrellas/sunglasses around here.'They' love to buy em. Need some ?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got rained out from our jungle wood cutting yesterday. It poured for 2 hours yesterday afternoon. We probably got 3 inches. Had a small flood and was covered in mud in minutes.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to turn some mahogany heart wood on the lathe yesterday......cuts as smooth as butter, and is beautiful. Gonna turn 4 legs for the next piece of furniture.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to new york tomorrow. Got nothing to do but dig. Ill metal detect, bottle hunt and dig, and got a native American site too. Got to go get a pelican box to pack my detector in..

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to new york tomorrow. Got nothing to do but dig. Ill metal detect, bottle hunt and dig, and got a native American site too. Got to go get a pelican box to pack my detector in..

Hey did you see the pix. I posted here (while your were in NY the last time) ? Of Some dump site near NYC with TONS of bottle/broken glass along the shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread