ARC
Emerald Member
- Joined
- Aug 19, 2014
- Messages
- 40,567
- Reaction score
- 151,007
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Tarpon Springs
- Detector(s) used
- JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #5,521
Thread Owner
any idea what this might be??
VERY interesting, though...! thnx!
Tarantula. You can handle them, but this is a pretty cool pic I got of one in SW Okla. in what is called a 'Threat Posture'. It means they don't want to be messed with and they will bite if there's no avenue of escape. Their bite isn't supposed to be much worse than a wasp sting, but not a whole lot is known about the effects cause I guess not that many people are stupid enough to get bitten by them.
And this is a pretty docile specimen I picked up down near Pueblo, CO. You really probably shouldn't mess with them, but growin up I was taught they were deadly poisonous and could jump 3 feet, so kill them on sight. My son educated me on them, so by handling them I was able to dispel my former fear of them. Wouldn't recommend that for everyone though.
View attachment 1415629
Not the year this was made in case your wondering.
Not sure why they have that number under it.