Randomly hit up some banks...

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
So today me and my lovely girlfriend set out to find some silver. I was expecting things to suck as per the usual, but today didn't turn out half bad.

#1 - TD Bank to dump, got $280 back.

#2 - Local bank, had nothing.

#3 - Another Local, just opened a few days ago. Nothing.

#4 - Well-known national bank. Asked teller if they had halves, she said she didn't know. Asked older gentleman teller working the drive through. Ended up getting $37.50, $30 customer rolled and the rest loose. Heard a silver amongst the loose, was pretty happy. It ended up being a 40%. The first roll was clad, second had 1 40%, and the third had 2 40%'s and a '63-D Frankie.

#5 - Local bank. Awesome score. Younger teller, younger than I, and I'm 23. Asked for halves, he went down, and found $5 worth. Ended up being an awesome $5. He was checking them out as he was counting them, and the Walker caught his eye... handed it over anyway. Ended up with the Walker, a Booker T. Washington Commem (My first commem) and 3 Franklins, a 1953 and 2 1963's.

#6 Same well-known national bank, different branch. $100 machine rolled. Picked up dimes and nickels to spend the rest of the money. Nothing, except about 10 pre-1960 nickels. I'll be going back and buying the rest of their rolls Thursday.

Here's a pic of my daily finds. First time I've found more 90%'s than 40%'s.

IMAG0063.jpg

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
It never hurts to find nice silver. Congrats on your loot. JP

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Good day, what year and mint was the Booker T?

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Thanks guys!

maine_Jim said:
Good day, what year and mint was the Booker T?

Maine_Jim

'51. Didn't see a mintmark, so I'm guessing a Philly minted coin.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score Ltrain :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Almost forgot, I also picked up a whole bunch of silver halves (7) for $6.50 each and a silver quarter for $3.25 from some small variety store. Silver under melt FTW... if it stays over 20 until friday, I can easily sell them for a decent profit per.

OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Did the same thing today with different banks. Got 11 40%'s and one beautifully struck 1959 Franklin. Also got three proofs and two 2005's.

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
Dang, I really do have to start doing more halves. But now I've got school and limited funds. Ehh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions