Rare 10th Regimental Continental Button Find!

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea went back today to try my luck again but no good! Just not in the spot the other piece is for sure unless it's deeper.Anyway purdy much a bust.With day light so short and this being a long ride.3hrs on the road this I'm leaving to my dad as he said he'll keep checking for me. Here they are for what it's worth the pewter button with the # 10 on it is a first.

Attachments

• 000_0009.jpg
    000_0009.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,765
  • 000_0010.jpg
    000_0010.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,765
  • 000_0011.jpg
    000_0011.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,772
  • 000_0012.jpg
    000_0012.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,763
  • 000_0018.jpg
    000_0018.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,745
  • 000_0017.jpg
    000_0017.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,753
  • 000_0016.jpg
    000_0016.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,751
  • 000_0015.jpg
    000_0015.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,770
  • 000_0019.jpg
    000_0019.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,743
Upvote 0

Attachments

• sealer.jpg
    sealer.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,528
Re: Strike II

Here Guy's It looks like mary :dontknow:

Attachments

• 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,529
  • 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,531

johnnyi said:
It looks like you've got something else there fairly unusual; a great coat sized button with what seems to be a "gilt" backstamp. I've dug many large "dandys" but I don't recall finding a thin large one backmarked. Have you Don or patch?

Nope. I don't recall ever getting a backmarked button that large. I do have a pretty large Brit. navy but can't recall if it's marked.

Iron Patch said:
Don in SJ said:
I went down in garage and found the can I use, it is CLEAR ACRYLIC SEALER Matte Finish. Picked up my spray can of it at a nationally known Craft Store.

Don

Here's what I use and is from the button man himself. (Troiani)

Mine is the suggestion from another button man himself, not George either and hopefully he will read this post shortly. :D

Well regardless what is used I think everyone will agree it has to be done. Too good a find to take a chance on more edge loss or cracking.

Iron Patch said:
Well regardless what is used I think everyone will agree it has to be done. Too good a find to take a chance on more edge loss or cracking.
Is that what it is suppose to be patch Mary? :dontknow:

timekiller said:

Timekiller, Patch was asking because of few of the regimentals are backmarked "Clarke", but nothing in Albert specifies which ones besides one example.

Odds seem pretty good considring where you found it, that your button was from the short lived N. Carolina regiment which disbanded at Valley Forge. When Albert published his last book no 10th had been found there.

johnnyi said:
timekiller said:

Timekiller, Patch was asking because of few of the regimentals are backmarked "Clarke", but nothing in Albert specifies which ones.

Odds seem pretty good considring where you found it, that your button was from the short lived N. Carolina regiment which disbanded at Valley Forge. When Albert published his last book no 10th had been found there.
Thanks buddy,but it looks like mary on the back.I'm tring to understand is that good or bad! :dontknow:

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• banner_monkey.jpg
    banner_monkey.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,459

"Thanks buddy,but it looks like mary on the back.I'm tring to understand is that good or bad! "

Timekiller, if Troliani doesn't have it listed, and if Albert lists it but doesn't have a decent exmple to show a backmark, then it is very very good! :D

johnnyi said:
"Thanks buddy,but it looks like mary on the back.I'm tring to understand is that good or bad! "

Timekiller, if Troliani doesn't have it listed, and if Albert lists it but doesn't have a decent exmple to show a backmark, then it is very very good! :D
SUPER I"LL PUT HER WITH MY OTHER.................................. BANNER FINDS! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Holy smokes.....

Keep going back to that site and you will own that banner.
Can't wait to see the other half of that spoon mold

What an awsome find

Congratulation. :icon_thumleft:

BobinSouthVA said:
Holy smokes.....

Keep going back to that site and you will own that banner.
Can't wait to see the other half of that spoon mold

What an awsome find

Congratulation. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Buddy. :thumbsup:

johnnyi said:

I don't think the mark or lack of really makes much difference. No doubt there would be some interest in that one given how few are probably around.

timekiller said:
johnnyi said:

SUPER I"LL PUT HER WITH MY OTHER.................................. BANNER FINDS! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

You mean your Fanner finds. The ones you swung and missed. :D

Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
johnnyi said:

You mean your Fanner finds. The ones you swung and missed. :D
Roger!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: N.C. Home RUNS!!! :laughing7: :laughing9: ;D

YOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOOO, Pete the Colonial Man, :notworthy: :notworthy:

You have taken over the reigns as King of Colonial!! :notworthy: Your past three months of finds would have given me, as well as many others, massive heart attacks. :laughing9: Unbelievable, Pete, unbelievable!! :headbang:

I hope you make the banner on your spoon mold and now this killer Rev War button!

You are truly hunting a :notworthy: type site...a one of a kind, Pete!

Kyle

:icon_thumright: Sweet button find!! :icon_thumleft:

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back