What's new

Rare afternoon hunt.

relic nut

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
4,006
Reaction score
7,277
Golden Thread
1
Location
VA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get to hunt much during the week but today I cut out about 2:00 and went to feed the beast. Went to a spot close to home that we have hunted to death but it always seems to give a little. Didn't find a lot but I scratched the itch and had a relaxing evening.
Found a couple pc of lead and what I think is a rosette. Best find was a general service eagle button that's in good shape. Thanks for looking. uploadfromtaptalk1458769751429.webpuploadfromtaptalk1458769760597.webp

HH, Relic Nut
 
Upvote 16
What is that octagonal piece?
 
That's a sweet button. :icon_thumleft: Glad you had a chance to feed the beast.
 
Sweet eagle button relic. I think the octagonal piece might be a flat button?. Very unusual if that is what it is, have only seen a couple posted since I have been on tnet. Nice hunt man.
 
Sweet eagle button relic. I think the octagonal piece might be a flat button?. Very unusual if that is what it is, have only seen a couple posted since I have been on tnet. Nice hunt man.
That was my first thought when it pop out but the back looks like it was a shank, but I'm not sure. I even thought it was an old roof tab maybe, but they were not made of brass. Hopefully someone can enlighten us.

HH, Relic Nut
 
Nice GS button, that's a fastener, I find hundreds of them. (I think) I think they were used for roofing material
 
Nice GS button, that's a fastener, I find hundreds of them. (I think) I think they were used for roofing material
I thought that too. ( roof tab ) but brass would make them awfully expensive.

HH, Relic Nut
 
Very nice military button! Congrats
 
Any day with a button that nice is a WINNER in my book . . .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom