What's new

Rattle snake question

I watched a show awhile back that debunked the myth that a coiled rope will keep out a rattler.
Never did believe in that one myself.
HH, RCW
 
I don't want to scare anybody but I thought I would mention a couple of snakes.....Inch snake and Anaconda
Inch snake gets its name from the inchworm and moves in the same way. Inchsnake is only about 4-7" long but can kill almost instantly...SE Asia origin ...now in US.
Anacondas are sometimes pets but when they migrate from S America to N America in the seasonal migrations they are travelling along the rivers to Las Vegas for example....One time in Vegas I saw some track in a concrete washway, the width of the track was about 8-11" across, meaning the snake was about the size of a telephone pole.
Rules are don't touch inchsnakes and don't even see an Anaconda, they will outmove you, but you can cut your buddy out of its stomach in time, hopefully, they don't move when stuffed with a dog or cow.
 
I dated a girl in my 20's named Michelle.. The first night I stayed at her house I was a bit nervous, dont like staying in strange places.. I woke up in the morning and felt the pleasant feel of the weight of her pressed up against my side from toe to shoulder, I put my hand under the covers onto her cool, smooth, scaly leg.. I ripped the covers off and stretched out on the mattress in what I guess was the exact curvature of my body was a 7' red tail boa...

"Meet Jake..." she said.. (Michelle.. not the snake)
 
this one I caught sliding up behind me whileI was digging for arrowheads. He had already crawled over a log . I didnt feel too compfrtable with him in the same section of woods I was in and I had just sharpened my #2 pony shovel, I hit him/her about a foot behind the head

DSC09484-1.jpg
 
I found the King snake posts interesting. I live in South Texas and work on numerous ranches and have seen my share of both rattlers and Kings(Blue Indigos). I have seen king snakes slide over a rattlesnake that just laid there...I guess thinking it was just another snake...till the king clamped down on it's head. Weird thing about the King snake...I have never seen a small one. They are mostly in the 6'-9' range although I have buddies that swear they have seen 12 & 14 footers.
 
I heard of a person that was alone in the desert and it was night.
he was sort of lost but knew where he was in the general area at least.
Somehow a huge snake caught him and started to coil around him.
He couldn't move.
The snake squeezed and squeezed and then left him there.
He later related that he thought he had beeen....." all she wanted was sex!!!
 
Well, there could be 2 ways to test the theory.

1. Go out into a desert environment put your rope into a coil, lay it out about, etc, lay out your sleeping bag, crawl in it and go to sleep. If you wake up the next morning with no rattler around then you would prove the theory!

OR

2. You could send in the theory to Mythbusters and let them try it out! They LOVE challenges!
 
twomtns2002 said:
I don't want to scare anybody but I thought I would mention a couple of snakes.....Inch snake and Anaconda
Inch snake gets its name from the inchworm and moves in the same way. Inchsnake is only about 4-7" long but can kill almost instantly...SE Asia origin ...now in US.
Anacondas are sometimes pets but when they migrate from S America to N America in the seasonal migrations they are travelling along the rivers to Las Vegas for example....One time in Vegas I saw some track in a concrete washway, the width of the track was about 8-11" across, meaning the snake was about the size of a telephone pole.
Rules are don't touch inchsnakes and don't even see an Anaconda, they will outmove you, but you can cut your buddy out of its stomach in time, hopefully, they don't move when stuffed with a dog or cow.



Man, your above statement is large steaming pile of crap and it needs to be flushed.

Not one word is even remotely true, don't waste our time, we are NOT gullible idiots. >:(
 
twomtns2002 said:
I heard of a person that was alone in the desert and it was night.
he was sort of lost but knew where he was in the general area at least.
Somehow a huge snake caught him and started to coil around him.
He couldn't move.
The snake squeezed and squeezed and then left him there.
He later related that he thought he had beeen....." all she wanted was sex!!!



At first, I thought you were a teller of poorly improvised and moronic tall tales, now I get it....

You're just another troll.



TrollSprat.jpg
 
Cap'n Crunch said:
twomtns2002 said:
I heard of a person that was alone in the desert and it was night.
he was sort of lost but knew where he was in the general area at least.
Somehow a huge snake caught him and started to coil around him.
He couldn't move.
The snake squeezed and squeezed and then left him there.
He later related that he thought he had beeen....." all she wanted was sex!!!



At first, I thought you were a teller of poorly improvised and moronic tall tales, now I get it....

You're just another troll.



TrollSprat.jpg

Who died and made you the critic...you don't need to be an assbite on these or any other post...so lets stop being a jerk
 
Stephen, I am NOT being a jerk. I never go out of my way to start crap with anyone on here. I have been on the forum since 2006. I just get tired of seeing these "Beekrock" types popping up and posting pure worthless drivel and lies that ruin other people's perfectly good threads. Stop defending these kinds of people!
 
About 50 years ago my brother and I camped out in the back yard. We were around 6 or 7 years old at the time. Dad came out and ran a hemp rope through his hands and encircled out pup-tent. He said that would keep the rattlers out. Never saw any snakes that night so we thought it must have worked.
 
I heard the same about rope working. I was told it is the brittleness of a hemp rope that they don't like to cross. Things that I have tried and never saw a snake when living in a desert area by the Hueco Mountains in Texas.

Hemp Rope
Moth Balls----but they sure do smell
Those flower windmills they sell at garden shops. ---the vibration keeps varmits away.
Dr. T's Snakeaway - Home Depot or Lowes
Human Urine - lol it really works!
 
I have been lurking on this site for a couple years and I have have seen more mis-information about snakes. I'm with Cap'n Crunch on this one. There is no such snake called the inch snake. Inch worms have tiny feet they travel with. Snakes slither. Snakes do not migrate, they are territorial. They move about in an area searching for food, but that is not a migration.
 
Well, I can't comment on the rope trick, but I can personally assure all y'all that they have no problem whatsoever crossing an aluminum threshold plate...Had one come in the security booth with me a coupla years ago while I was working in AZ. All 42" of a Western Diamondback. And me armed with a plastic Dollar Store broom. Finally got him swept out of the booth & under an incoming car's tires. That was one P/O'd snake. He musta struck that broom 15-20 times.

Finally got him beheaded & laid him out in front of the booth to suprise the morning guy! ;D

He didn't see any humor in that at all. :laughing9:

DR
 

Attachments

  • Spring in TX2.webp
    Spring in TX2.webp
    37 KB · Views: 438
BARGuy said:
Well, I can't comment on the rope trick, but I can personally assure all y'all that they have no problem whatsoever crossing an aluminum threshold plate...Had one come in the security booth with me a coupla years ago while I was working in AZ. All 42" of a Western Diamondback. And me armed with a plastic Dollar Store broom. Finally got him swept out of the booth & under an incoming car's tires. That was one P/O'd snake. He musta struck that broom 15-20 times.

Finally got him beheaded & laid him out in front of the booth to suprise the morning guy! ;D

He didn't see any humor in that at all. :laughing9:

DR

One thing is for sure, if you ain't got any food in the desert, find you some rattlers, they taste pretty darn good over an open fire!!!
 
Eaten rattler twice and both times it was gristly and tasted like snake...sure as hell didn't taste like chicken...

Definitely will not be a 3rd time...

And, if in the desert around Palm Springs...I know where the In-N-Out Burgers are located ;D
 
Back in the early sixties there was a show called "Wild Kingdom" hosted by Marlin Perkins.....He debunked that myth about the rope.....goat
 
stefen said:
Eaten rattler twice and both times it was gristly and tasted like snake...sure as hell didn't taste like chicken...

Definitely will not be a 3rd time...

And, if in the desert around Palm Springs...I know where the In-N-Out Burgers are located ;D

Snake tastes good if you don't over cook it. Maybe you had an old one..............
 
Prepared by a prof trail ride cook...rather eat chicken lips any day :coffee2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom