What's new

Rattlesnake video....

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
4,909
Golden Thread
0
Location
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Deeptech Gold gain, Vista X, and Warrior, also Tesoro Outlaw, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's a couple of minutes of video on the rattler I ran into Monday this week. I was out at the Big Lost doing some jig experiments. Just sitting in the truck waiting for dark so I could do some UV prospecting before I went home. The snake just crawled out of the sage about 30' in front of the truck. There was a cold snap due that night, and he obviously felt it, though the temp was 73*. He was heading up the hill to the right, where there are some deeper crevices in the basalt, and lots of big boulders. I couldn't push him off track very far...he was determined to go up the hill. That hill is probably his hibernation den. After a bit of video, and a couple of still shots, I let him go on his way.
Jim
 
Thanks Jim... I walked off my front lawn yesterday into the woods heading to my woodshop at my other home and came across one. It wasn't very big but I watched it for some time. This one made a lot more noise then the one you had. But its warmer here probably in TN.
 
I think it's probably more the type of rattler when it comes to behavior. It gets really cold here, so our rattlers thrive at 73*. You can run in to them when it's down in the 50's, though at that temp they're usually heading for their hibernation spot. On the other hand, our snakes tend to be sort of laid-back, and don't get aggressive....nothing at all like Western Diamondbacks. You guys probably have Eastern Diamondbacks, or other types that are pretty nasty.....don't run much, and tend to stand their ground and do lots of rattling. Glad we don't have them here.
Jim
 
I hate snakes.A few times out by a river i go to i have seen water moccasins.They are not very nice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom