What's new

recent dig finds!

Treefrog

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
495
Reaction score
78
Golden Thread
0
Location
cookeville
Well Ive had a few busy weekends digging now with some cooler weather and a whole lot less bugs!!
I also went through all my brokes from this site and put together a killer Gunterville point that I am posting a pic of too. it was found in 2 different digs cause it was in 2 different bags from this area. I have moved dirt in about a 75 sq ft areas so both pieces were in that area.
The nice Candy Creek with a flute and the Red Ochoa both came out about 6 inches below where the shed antler I dug up a few weeks ago was.
Ill post more as I get em.....
Tree
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20130912_144836_010.webp
    IMG_20130912_144836_010.webp
    455.3 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_20130912_144857_434.webp
    IMG_20130912_144857_434.webp
    412.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20130915_164438_694.webp
    IMG_20130915_164438_694.webp
    565.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20130915_164502_727.webp
    IMG_20130915_164502_727.webp
    973.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20130915_170318_183.webp
    IMG_20130915_170318_183.webp
    562.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20130725_153726_389.webp
    IMG_20130725_153726_389.webp
    321.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20130929_123245_523.webp
    IMG_20130929_123245_523.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20130922_162609_425.webp
    IMG_20130922_162609_425.webp
    487.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20130916_081158_257.webp
    IMG_20130916_081158_257.webp
    862.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20130916_081224_793.webp
    IMG_20130916_081224_793.webp
    898.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20131013_171949_729.webp
    IMG_20131013_171949_729.webp
    591.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20131013_164311_331.webp
    IMG_20131013_164311_331.webp
    182.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20131011_204120_459.webp
    IMG_20131011_204120_459.webp
    195.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20131011_203949_538.webp
    IMG_20131011_203949_538.webp
    273.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20131011_203845_310.webp
    IMG_20131011_203845_310.webp
    181 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20131011_203545_957.webp
    IMG_20131011_203545_957.webp
    271.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20131011_203522_412.webp
    IMG_20131011_203522_412.webp
    333.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20131011_203613_126.webp
    IMG_20131011_203613_126.webp
    270.1 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 0
Is that last one really blue? What a great find and all look great by the way.
 
well it is a grayish blue color. there is a bigger pic of it a few pics up too.
 
Is that a dalton knife in first pic great finds!!
 
I am thinking it is a very worn and resharpened Guntersville. it is the one that is broken and I found both the tip and the base at 2 different times
 
Simply awesome Treefrog,
Thanks so much for all your help...
Those are great finds...thanks for all your advise.
Steve
 
Man oh man. That's been a productive dig for you! Thanks for showing!
 
Glad this weather has cooled down Tree. You have been busy and your dig is looking great. How many is that now? Always nice examples and material. This one spot has been a bonanza of knowledge. I appreciate you sharing when you have time. What is the oldest out of this site so far? Great job on finding that other half.
 
Cool Finds! That triangle point is a nice one.
 
Well I am thinking that the handfull of kirks is the oldest points so far. still got several feet to go down still and a long time to do it. hoping to get a 4wheel drive tractor down in there soon though.
thanks for the comments
 
Nice dig finds Tree. Are you going to use a back hoe tractor to dig away the bank in front of the rock shelter? Then dump it in a small trailer that has a metal mesh floor. And place the trailer over the area you have already dug. That would sure speed things up. And you have already dug enough to document the levels of occupation. Be careful digging close to trees that you don't fall them on you. I have a wooded area between my site and the land the archaeology society owns that I am going to dig this winter. Digging and cutting tree roots is a killer. Just the thought of it makes my wrist and elbow ache. Did you solve your your digging intruder problem? Thanks for sharing your dig finds. Keith.
 
Well I am thinking that the handfull of kirks is the oldest points so far. still got several feet to go down still and a long time to do it. hoping to get a 4wheel drive tractor down in there soon though.
thanks for the comments


I am built like a 4 wheel drive tractor with a shovel in my hand? Hey do you have any water above you?


10030809_2.webp
 
Richard, there is a creek up above me about 140 ft but right now it is dry mostly till we get lots of rain. Keith, yes I have not seen any more signs of the intruder diggers ever since I took their sift.
also here is what I use for roots, they cut right through them easy as pie!

Amazon.com: Fiskars 7972 15-Inch PowerGear Anvil Lopper: Patio, Lawn & Garden

it is the best tool I have bought for the digging so far...
Tree
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom