What's new

Recent finds from S.C.

SCrocks

Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
954
Reaction score
1,554
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a bunch of brokes and a few good ones recently. Thanks for the look-
recent (1024x768).webp014 (1024x768).webp016 (1024x768).webp013 (1024x768).webp012 (1024x768).webp
 
Upvote 0
Damn! You get all those from your construction sites while "working"? Nice!
 
A couple different ones. If only we would have had more rain. The sites will likely be destroyed soon.
 
Last edited:
Would like to have shared some of our rain lately! Get'em before they're gone. Nice saves & congrats.
 
I have some of those quartz points from S.C., as well.
 
Nice pile of artifacts! Whats the deal with the piece in the third pic at the top of your hand? Is that a broken Yadkin, or a broken Dalton,or what?? Good saves, thanks for the show.
 
Those Yadkins are my favorite point, don't find that many and really like the S. c. round eared yadkins like yours.
 
Thanks folks-
theviking- I believe this one is a Yadkin. I was hoping a Dalton when I first reached to pick it up.
 
You've been busy. Nice finds/saves! Are most of your non quartz finds NC rhyolite? Do you some of allendale chert?
 
You've been busy. Nice finds/saves! Are most of your non quartz finds NC rhyolite? Do you some of allendale chert?
Thanks folks-ptsofnc- It somewhat depends of the site. Woodland sites generally seem to have had better trade/access to rhyolite and other non- local materials along with some of the early archaic types. Almost all the Savannah River points around here are local quartz/shell/slate type materials. Guilfords/Stanlys/MM's are about the same but a few more rhyolite ones from time to time. Coastal Plains curt shows up here and there but not overly plentiful. Thanks
 
Last edited:
SCRocks. is correct. Most I have run across in S.C. are quartz, since there is little decent chert to work with. Sometimes you will find some nice ones, but I believe those got here by trading. Here are a few more:
 

Attachments

  • SC Points.webp
    SC Points.webp
    67 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Pulling them out of the ground 50 at a time still I see. King of Quartz
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom