What's new

Recent finds

SCrocks

Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
954
Reaction score
1,554
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some I picked up recently at a few different spots. Thanks for the look
016.webp010.webp018.webp022.webp003.webp001.webp
 
Upvote 0
Awesome finds! You have some good spots.
 
Tearing it up still I see. What is the large one in the 1st pic?
 
Damn!!! You have been hitting it hard. I haven't found that much all year. lol
 
Nice finds SC ! Those two in the first photo are interesting to me, and appear to my wishfully semi trained eyes be somewhat atypical to your area? What are your thoughts on the long pointed, sort of triangular piece in that photo, the chipping looks sort of smoothed over, for lack of a better term? Was it found in a creek, or do you think it might have been used as a large awl?
My eyes are also drawn to the darker early archaic point hiding amongst the large quartz points. HH
 
Wow! You've had great success! Nice!
 
Thanks folks- Rock - not quit sure on the type but was thinking like redbeard said. Triangle/woodland period knife/awl. Didn't find any thing else around it but I find some small triangles made of that material (some type solidified shale? maybe) Redbeard that small one is a Palmer and the other in first picture I would call flake knife maybe made from solidified siltstone prehaps. That material shows up in the woodland period some and then the early archiac around here . And yes the larger peice seems a little smoother then I would have expected. Those bigger ones usually don't dodge the plow or dozer. Found it on a hill above creek that was dozed off. Thanks
 
Wow!!!!! You have been productive. Thanks for sharing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom