What's new

Recent Finds

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is some recent hunt finds mostly from the cow field. The dirt pics are actually hoof prints from the cows and horses where they step in the mud which reveals the flint. Painter has been kind enough to post my phone pics for me. Thanks buddy
 
Upvote 0
If that land ever gets turned I bet you find at least one celt .. Good spot there for sure.
Any water to hunt close by?

Yes there is a natural creek that runs below their house. I have looked in it but nothing good to make tools with as far as flint goes. Must of been carried in from other places.
 
You can't expect to see natural lithic material scattered about everywhere you go.. in fact some of the best sites myself and some friends have hunted are noticeably clean.. have you ever stepped on a piece of that stuff after its been flaked off? Lol
 
One of my best creeks which is being hunted for deer rite now is about a mile away Im guessing the flint probably came from it and was carried back to the camp where I find these.
 
I have a friend that finds them in the cow stomping grounds. Problem is, sometimes the bull asks him to try looking somewhere else:laughing7:
 
I have a friend that finds them in the cow stomping grounds. Problem is, sometimes the bull asks him to try looking somewhere else:laughing7:

Use to be a mean pony in the field. I kept looking for it and never saw it. I eased around the barn and peaked in hoping he wouldnt be staring back at me. He wasnt there so I asked where he was and the poor thing had passed away. Made my day a lot less tense knowing he wasnt going to try and bite me every time I bent over to pick one up.
 
Ya gotta love that mammoth tooth piece you found![/Q
I wish there was fossils around me. I have seen some horse teeth in others collections but so far I havent found any.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom