Booty Salvage

Booty Salvage

May 31, 2011
Ft Pierce Florida
Detector(s) used
3 Aqua pulse, 1 Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
After the Kang Hsi pile we found it has been kind of slow going cleaning the gold chain area out. Can't move on until I'm sure we found everything. However, I found an encrusted ship spike (eo) and dale found a brass pin. This leads me to believe it was upper structure (stern castle) rather than just personal baggage. Also the Kang Hsi shards are huge and thick indicating they were vases rather than cups and bowls. The gold could have been in the bottoms of the vases but we will never know. I wouldn't mind an astrolabe or navigational dividers. Something to prove this is upper structure.

Capt Eric

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering the amount of gold found in that area in the past..as well as those large porcelain pieces I would bet your right about them being filled.. sounds like non manifested gold to me.
I have a feeling your close to some sort of big find..as in.. something of personal nature or that otherwise carriers some good info on the identity of the vessel.

OP
OP
Booty Salvage

Booty Salvage

May 31, 2011
Ft Pierce Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes. The #1 goal of booty salvage is to prove once and for all the identity of the wreck they call Douglas beach.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be interesting to see if there is a pattern associated with where the gold is found.. as compared to where the porcelain is found.. and if it could be repeated.
Using porcelain as a sort of marker.
Just a thought.

spaceman

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just joined and what a find! Hope to follow this thread and see more brought up.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm really regretting not signing that contract with Brendan a couple years ago!

Keep the intel coming!! So fun.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Eric,

I enjoyed visiting with you yesterday and I hope you enjoyed seeing GME's facility. Let me know how that new cable configuration works out on your Aqua Pulse, great idea and I can't wait to see how you implement it. You may have a very popular new product on your hands. Get back out there and find some more GOLD!!!!! :-)

Jason

OP
OP
Booty Salvage

Booty Salvage

May 31, 2011
Ft Pierce Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That was an amazing experience. GME is a world class operation. The most beautiful facility I have ever seen. Expect big things from this operation. They are adding pages to the history books.

OP
OP
Booty Salvage

Booty Salvage

May 31, 2011
Ft Pierce Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This is the good picture. Still takes my breath away

Attachments

• image-2356677402.jpg
    image-2356677402.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 170

huggis

Sep 4, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Aqua pulse - Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eric, what will you actually get out of these... lets call them artifacts will it be a few chains or a couple escudo? Will any of it besides what the state takes end up in a museum? Or will it fund better equipment for your endeavor.

OP
OP
Booty Salvage

Booty Salvage

May 31, 2011
Ft Pierce Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't really want to talk about who gets what. Its split between 1715 fleet queens jewels & booty salvage research & recovery. With a donation going to the state of Florida for display in a museum.

That's pretty much what I can say.

-Capt Eric

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really want to talk about who gets what. Its split between 1715 fleet queens jewels & booty salvage research & recovery. With a donation going to the state of Florida for display in a museum.

That's pretty much what I can say.

-Capt Eric
I might venture to say this thread and your finds are too amazing for words! :notworthy:

OP
OP
Booty Salvage

Booty Salvage

May 31, 2011
Ft Pierce Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here is what was found on the 1715 fleet this season. The big gold coins and chains are mine as well as some silver coins. The pile (and I mean pile) of smaller gold coins was found by Capt Greg Bounds (as well as the olive jar and onion bottle) who is constantly finding some amazing artifacts, as well as Capt John Brandon who has continued to bring in hoards of amazing artifacts including that nearly intact Kang Hsi plate. Banner year working along side my mentors I'll never forget this one. Living the dream.

Captain Eric

Booty Salvage Research & Recovery

Historic Shipwreck Salvor

Attachments

• image-2775501267.jpg
    image-2775501267.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 160

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread