Recent recoveries off the North Douglas Beach trail

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it!
Great job! and I have to say I'm honored to have been a part of whatching it happen.. and seeing your first photos and first public announcement right here as it was happening.
Thanks for taking a Fort Pierce kid like me along for the ride.

Last edited:

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
Congrats on a great year. I just read the rainbow chasers and would love to come dive with you guys over on the coast. I am still searching for my galleon over here in the gulf.

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you,
Captain Eric
Booty Salvage Research & Recovery

Thanks for sharing you finds as well as Bounds and Brandon's finds.
Magnificent finds indeed, well done.
A shot-o-rum for each shall be poured today.

Wish you had some underwater HD video? and were willing to share?

Congrats,

Trez

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing simply Amazing, I can't think of nothing else to say...except why is this not up top.:icon_scratch:

SS

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a great photo of the combined finds--so historic. I don't see treasure... I see history revealed. Though it may not be a popular subject, but looking at the finds as a treasure ... the divisions of the chain will bring you the most return for future search/salvage operations by cutting off a length first for the state share. Then, dividing it among the two companies as you noted above. The remainder could be cut in one to three inch lengths and sold at auction, thereby giving more collectors the opportunity to purchase and own a piece of spanish gold chain. Of course, to sell the chain as is (uncut) would limit the number of investors able to purchase it. Cutting that beautiful chain at all makes me wince. However, you must consider your return verses future operating costs. Just a thought for discussion and debate. I am curious how this has been addressed in the past.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are nice finds indeed! This is what treasure dreams are made of....WTG!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread