What's new

Recent shipwreck beach finds

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to share some finds from the last couple months here on the Treasure coast.

ForumRunner_20131007_133555.webp



ForumRunner_20131007_133755.webp



ForumRunner_20131007_133910.webp



IMG_20130914_155801-1.webp



ForumRunner_20130917_225716-1.webp
 
Upvote 0
Great stuff...Id flip out if I found a piece of Spanish silver.
 
Thank you.
 
I need to get to the beach more often ! :occasion14:
 
:icon_thumleft: good job gatordude.....wish i had your luck
 
Thanks
I put alot into it.. but luck sure helps.
 
Hey GatorB!! Neat finds on the East Side!! Don't you wish you could trip over the Keel that stuff weigheted down!! CONGRATS!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
 
Oh boy do I..
Thanks VERDE
 
nice finds Gator, what detector were you using? I can make out a coil in one picture but not rest.
 
Thanks that's an AT pro in that photo.
Some detectors are better for certain conditions for sure...but there is alot to be said for knowing your machine and just swinging often.
Usually its the Indian not the arrow.
 
Last edited:
incredible finds Gator! I've been wanting to find spanish silver for ever! That is so cool!
 
Thanks Donny.
Put yourself in the right place in the right conditions as much as you can... the rest is fine tuning and comes with swing time.
One of the best tips I could give for beach detecting old items is... get to know how the different layers of sand and shell look, move, and react to different surf and tide conditions.
It reminds me of snook fishing in a way... once you get their feeding patterns figured out and can repeat the pattern your odds of being successful go way up.
 
I took me 11years to get my first keeper 30". I would catch slots all summer. As soon as season opened I would be denied. Not last year though and man what a feeling hearing that fish flop in the bed of my truck on the way home. I hooked measured and hauled ass. I hope I dosent take that long to get my first spanish silver
 
It shouldn't if your serious about making it happen.
I was driving the boat this day..and taking the photo.
I took these guys out to catch thier first snook.
37.5 lbs. 46"
After reviving for ten minutes that cow swam away upright and strong.

ForumRunner_20131014_173710.webp
 
The release is almost as good as the first strike. Preservation preserves the playground
 
Nice finds, Gator. I like the Spanish silver, but that pottery is cool, too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom