Recognize This Maker's Mark on Vintage Sterling Ring?

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I dug this ring today I thought it was junk out of a gumball machine. Closer inspection revealed it was actually a very nicely made vintage piece. It has a large emerald cut aquamarine stone and what appears to be small diamonds (real or fake) on either side.

Any ideas on the maker's mark which looks like an EK with arrow thru the E? I've also posted a view of the ring from the bottom. Thanks for any info.

Update: After additional cleaning, it's actually a U (not an E) with an arrow going through it. The back of the arrow has a simple V-shaped split feather which I thought was a K.

Attachments

• IMG_7817.jpg
    IMG_7817.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7806.jpg
    IMG_7806.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uncas jewelry mark/ U with arrow going through you can Google the mark they also have the U with two arrows on either side pointed inward.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Erik in NJ

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks BOTB! Yes, it is Uncas...started in 1920 which is the correct time frame of other items I've found at this house.

Uncas jewelry mark/ U with arrow going through you can Google the mark they also have the U with two arrows on either side pointed inward.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread