What's new

Recommendations For An Electric Melting Furnace

Cariboo5

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,666
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never used one and would like experiences / recommendations on a electric gold melting furnace such as brand name, size 1 kg crucible, around 1150 degrees celsius.
Also what if any spare parts would I need should a part fail that I am able to replace? All comments appreciated. Thanks to all in advance....
 
You would need spare elements and relays and fuses.beyond that most things last pretty long. All my kilns and furnaces at work are huge. Not sure of a manufacturer for small ones. Personally I would just build it myself , but that depends on how handy you are.
 
Look for a small used pottery kiln. I have a huge one here for my wife. Its been a while since I programmed the controller but I think it runs at 1100 (has to 'melt' the glaze). Ceramic fibre is your thermal friend but your health enemy.

chub
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom