RECORD BROKEN! 20th SPANISH of the Year!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Had a great little hunt. Let me tell y'all about it. Started out in the early morning doing some scouting on one of the many properties where we have permission. We got an IH, a Barber Dime, and some other newer relics all of which I gave to the property owner. The stuff we were finding was too new to bother with for now. But he was happy to have the items, and we were happy to find them.

Next stop was a new spot we'd found which unfortunately has a property line going right down the middle of it. We think we may already have permission for the other side, if it's who we think owns it, but not sure--so we'll have to wait until we can sort it out and make certain we can detect.

Immediately Shane dug a Large Cent. Things were starting out great! It was a little muddy until the dew evaporated in the midday heat. We were in for a slow morning though, with only a couple musketballs and flat buttons dug.

Shane got a bone button, and (believe it or not!) a billiard ball. :D

Then it started to get HOT. The heat index pushed 108 as we made it into afternoon. Finally I scored a decent, wobbly signal, took out one deep scoop and saw the flash of SILVER! I was praying for spanish, to make our goal of 20 for the year--and it was! A Carolus IIII half real (180?). Not long after that, there was a pop-up storm and the rain came pouring down, so we headed home.

Here's the short video and photos:

Here's Shane's LC. It is an 1833 I believe. Nice LC coming from the waterlogged soil here. Congrats to Shane!

100_5496.JPG100_5497.JPG

Other good finds for Shane included a Colonial era decorative cufflink and a bone button:

100_5498.JPG100_5500.JPG

Shane and my finds. His is the photo with the billiard ball LOL. The finial at the top left we believe to be colonial era.

100_5505.JPG100_5508.JPGHPIM4290.JPG

My shoe buckle chape and a piece of pewter with the manufacturer's name stamped in. "? ? N & SMITH"

HPIM4294.JPGHPIM4295.JPGHPIM4296.JPG

And Spanish Silver #20 for 2013: an 180? Carolus IIII Half Real :)

HPIM4292.JPGHPIM4293.JPG

Best Wishes and HH,

Cane Bandits.jpg

The Canefield Bandits 8-)

Last edited:
Upvote 15
Unbelievable. You guys are killing it this year. I'm green with envy! :happysmiley::happysmiley::happysmiley: Congrats Buck.

Thank you so much for your reply, my friend. I really enjoy reading your posts. One day would love to detect up north. Farthest north I've dug was Maryland, but wasn't after colonial back then. :(

Cheers,

Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back