Recovering Relics

Jan 12, 2010
New England
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garret Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On May 21st, I went metal detecting at an old homesite in the middle of the woods. The story behind how I found this site is really interesting. When I was 5 or 6 years old, I would always have a dream of a big blue house out in the middle of the woods. It was a nightmare for some reason, and it always creeped me out. I totally forgot about the dream, and last September, out of nowhere, I had the dream again. I had an idea of where the dream was taking place, so I went on Google Maps, and sure enough, there appeared to be an old house in the middle of the woods. So today, me and my dad finally were able to get out there and do some detecting. We did more exploring then detecting, but we still found some cool stuff. There were a lot of bottle dumps there, and we both found a bottle that was worth keeping. My dad found an old buckel, probably his best find ever. I found a part to an old lantern, from the mid 1800's to the late 1800's. It says E. Miller & Co Meriden, CT Made In U.S.A. I also found a 30 caliber bullet shell from a Winchester. It was really cool to check this place out, and hopefully we will be going back there soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread