XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JohnnyRebCSA

Oct 6, 2010
Tennessee, CSA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266X
Do not clean it further, do not brush it, do not rub it. Leave it as is. Also, if you want it stolen pretty quick then display it in your house. Get the picture?

Congratulations!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, putting it in a safe is probably a good idea. Good plates are hard to find. I tried to buy a CW confederate plate last year and actually had a hard time finding one to purchase. Finally got one. I'm not sure I'd show it around at a show. Maybe take a pic with you. Or spend Saturday back in the woods and get the rest so we can ooh and aah over the pics. There's no doubt it's authentic, and it's the nicest one of its kind I've personally ever seen. It would be probably impossible to get another. (Unless it's brother is still at your house). In these hard economic times, just be very cautious. Signed -Paranoid the Cat!

TNStartinAgain

May 7, 2012
If I was KG or the Ringmaster I'd say that is some sweet civ nectar. Then I'd probably do a double back flip into a 380 spin. But since I am just me I will say WOW nice find and congratulations :)

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it will be a great idea to bring it to the show and have a expert look @ it. Trust me you will not be the only one carrying around a high dollar buckle but like I said don't be showing it off to everyone. You really do need a expert in person too look @ this buckle and verify a couple things for you! Hope too see you there!

Also if you are worried like SmokeyTheCat :cat: for security & safety. There will be State Police and Stafford sheriffs office there along with private security! So know worries mate!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sarawisman

Feb 25, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think it will be a great idea to bring it to the show and have a expert look @ it. Trust me you will not be the only one carrying around a high dollar buckle but like I said don't be showing it off to everyone. You really do need a expert in person too look @ this buckle and verify a couple things for you! Hope too see you there!

Also if you are worried like SmokeyTheCat :cat: for security & safety. There will be State Police and Stafford sheriffs office there along with private security! So know worries mate!

I'm sure I'll have my concealed weapon with me too so I'm not too worried. LOL!

OP
OP
S

sarawisman

Feb 25, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually, putting it in a safe is probably a good idea. Good plates are hard to find. I tried to buy a CW confederate plate last year and actually had a hard time finding one to purchase. Finally got one. I'm not sure I'd show it around at a show. Maybe take a pic with you. Or spend Saturday back in the woods and get the rest so we can ooh and aah over the pics. There's no doubt it's authentic, and it's the nicest one of its kind I've personally ever seen. It would be probably impossible to get another. (Unless it's brother is still at your house). In these hard economic times, just be very cautious. Signed -Paranoid the Cat!

Thank you! I've become a little paranoid about this buckle with all the responses. It's kinda funny- at the time I found it, I was more excited about the 1967 Kennedy half dollar we had just dug up because I really wasn't sure what the belt plate was at first! Crazy, huh? :)

Don In South Jersey

Sep 3, 2005
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Pro-Find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is wow. Having a site that is family owned and not hunted out is a hunters dream. Good luck & hope to see more of your finds...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread