What's new

red/pink halves

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
Anyone ever see halves that look like they were dipped into some kind of reddish/pink dye?

I seem to get one or two out of every box. Is this someone's way of marking their rejects? Seems like a lot of trouble to go to if so.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
Yeah Jim, I get some red ones from time to time...someone must have too much time on their hands ,Ed
 
pics??

I've seen the red nail polish and I've seen them copper plated, but I don't think I've seen 'reddish/pink' yet.
 
XX said:
pics??

I've seen the red nail polish and I've seen them copper plated, but I don't think I've seen 'reddish/pink' yet.

Maybe it is red nail polish? But the color is kind of a mix red/pink. I am not a color expert so I don't know if there is another word for it.

Jim
 
It could be that they were used by a business owner - when they would sometimes put their own coins in a juke box or other coin operated machine they often would paint them red so that they knew that they were "theirs". I know that used to get done a lot with quarters but I have ever only found one half marked that way. Anyone know of any machine that accepted halves? I think the juke box at my high school did. That was around 1981.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)
 
I have heard of seeded hunts with marked red coins for prizes
 
Scott (Mich) said:
I think the juke box at my high school did. That was around 1981.
You had a juke box at high school? ;D
All we had were nuns with big rulers. >:(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom