Reduce sweating in over-the-ear headphones? Garrett MS-3 headphone mod?

ArthurEvans

May 10, 2016
Ulster County, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Ace Apex;
Tesoro Tejón
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I've gotten used to the Garrett Z-Lynk MS-3 headphones that come with the AT Max and Apex, I never want to go back to wired headphones if I can help it! My one concern is that the cups are little saunas for the ears, and it's not even really that hot yet.

I've used over-the-ear phones before, even on hot sunny days, but if there's a cooler way to do it, I'd like to know. When possible in the past I've used light headphones without full cups.

I'm planning on getting a Z-Lynk adapter rig for my non-Z-Lynk equipped detectors. You can use any headphones with the receiver unit, and the wire just runs from your ears to the receiver - that's something I can live with. But the MS-3 headphones are really nice, so I'd like to use those if it's not too hot. Aside from the discomfort, it seems like the sweat building up inside there can't be good for the phones.

I was wondering how other people handle this. Is there a modification that allows ventilation inside the ear cups? The padding is glued on, and I don't really want to start ripping it off as an experiment if there's someone who has figured out a better way. Any ideas? Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread