What's new

Reels and lures

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
1,300
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Found these in an old tacklebox. I understand that some old wood lures are worth money and the reels are 20s fly reels and a baitcaster. If these are worth anything someone let me know!
 

Attachments

  • 1455157156993.webp
    1455157156993.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 285
  • 1455157188698.webp
    1455157188698.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 18
Can you tell any manufacturers marks on the fly reels?
 
I am told the baitcaster is a "Montegue Chief" baitcaster. It says "chief" on the side
 
Wood lures look for big O. Any wood lures always collectible Nice
 
Or even better... Heddon.

I think last I checked on Ebay... Rare ones sell for in excess of 10k
 
Yes. Old wooden lures are mostly the money makers.
 
Ok. So where do I go to find out what kind of value these things have? Looks like I have two poppers and a diver (not sure what call it).
 
I'm guessing they're about the same age as the reels.
 
Check those lures carefully. I have been at auctions where pick lure has gone for 1000.00. Ya never know what you got. Good luck, hope they are all worth a bunch.
 
Are they worth anything without the boxes? This all maybe just an exercise in futility as these have all been well used it seems and without boxes.
 
You never know.
What time period do you think they were made?
 
The reels they came with I'm told are circa 1920s. I assume the poppers and diver are the same. There's no plastic and minimal metal. I've heard this is indicative that they are pre-war but who knows? I don't gave the boxes to know for sure...and I don't know if the war is a general milestone for age in lures. Shrug
 
Last edited:
Could be the bait caster. Chief - Montague RP reel
Flyreel could be-----Catskill - Montague fly reel
Marvin

PS, Look up Catskill reels.
images
 
Last edited:
Hey thanks! The fly reels don't have any markings but maybe, I guess??? I just don't wanna toss something if I can make a few bucks, ya know?
 
Nothing worth crazy money, but all great finds! Reels are worth $15-$30 a piece. The white lure is probably a rush tango, worth $10-$30 depending on condition.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom