Relic Hunting in Alabama

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First the good news - I found my first Indian Head while hunting a plowed field near Stevenson. Its the first old coin I've found.

The godawful truth/bad news: I've had enough of hunting dry holes in Bama. I have enough info (or so I thought) to bullseye a CW camp near Stevenson and I've spent a total of 8 hours hunting a bunch of acres and I have nothing to show for it. If everybody wasn't so distrustful and tightlipped around here we could have a North Alabama metal detecting club where information could be shared, to some extent, and I would have known not to waste my time out there. But, noooo, the Rocket City Relic Hunters busted up just before I got here because of backstabbing and distrust. Guess I'll have a more lucrative time hunting church tot lots. Crying shame people can't work together around here on the few remaining sites.

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD and some TESORO'S
Stevenson is full of Civil War camps. I don't know where you are hunting, but I hunted down there today and found a carbine barrel, bullets and a 18k ring ???

Attachments

• 1 (11).jpg
    1 (11).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 673

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions