What's new

Religious medal? Pendant?

up north

Full Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
127
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Frozen Tundra
Detector(s) used
Whites's PRIZM V
Heathkit GP-45 Metal Locator
Garrett Ace 150
Pacific Northwest Insturments BH2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today at the Fairgrounds. It is definitely not another St. Christopher medal.
Can you please tell me anything about it? It seems to be copper and is pretty heavy, but I dont know how else to describe...
 

Attachments

  • pendant.webp
    pendant.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 206
  • pendant001.webp
    pendant001.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 187
The one side is most certainly Ghandi. The other side - Floyd Mayweather? Nice find. After my afternoon of digging nails and gutter-brackets, this would be pretty sweet! :)
 
Upvote 0
Floyd Mayweather lol
 
Upvote 0
Cleaned New Pictures

pendant4.webppendant3.webpStill trying to figure this out. I brought it to the club meeting last week and someone said it is rose gold. Numerous google searches have led nowhere. Can you please help ID or translate?
 
Upvote 0
Try searching "Luang Pu" in Google images to see if you can find a face to match.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Try searching "Luang Pu" in Google images to see if you can find a face to match.

DCMatt

Good job DC. It appears to be a Thai amulet similar to this one:

Pendant Bronze "Luang Pu Tim"Thai Amulet | eBay

Googling "Luang Pu amulet" or "Thai amulet" brings up other similar pendants as well.

Edit: I'm also beginning to think that might not be Gandhi...
 
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Now we are getting somewhere. Thank you everyone!
 
Upvote 0
It's NOT gold. I can't offer any new info about the identity, but I can tell you from the first pic that it isn't gold. Probably brass.
 
Upvote 0
I brought it to the club meeting last week and someone said it is rose gold.
Someone at your club cannot tell the difference between brass/copper and rose gold?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom