What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Does anybody know jade?

doug_t

Greenie
Joined
Sep 1, 2012
Messages
18
Reaction score
53
Golden Thread
0
Location
Houston TX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought 25 years ago from a customer, maybe $100, souvenir from China. The metal part is junk but I popped the stone out today. It looks nice, too nice for the metal part of the pendant. What can you tell me about it? No cracks or anything on it
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7723.webp
    IMG_7723.webp
    4.1 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_7724.webp
    IMG_7724.webp
    4.9 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7725.webp
    IMG_7725.webp
    4.6 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_7726.webp
    IMG_7726.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_7727.webp
    IMG_7727.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7732.webp
    IMG_7732.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
Looks about right to me.Jeweler
will know for sure.
 
Upvote 0
Being in a gold plated pendant it is suspect. I would check with a jeweler, I also wonder if they would glue jade into the pendant. Being a precious stone I think it would have been in an actual gold pendant and held in by pressure from the settings. JMO
 
Upvote 0
Bought 25 years ago from a customer, maybe $100, souvenir from China. The metal part is junk but I popped the stone out today. It looks nice, too nice for the metal part of the pendant. What can you tell me about it? No cracks or anything on it
Yeah, I am a jade collector, that does look like jade. Perhaps nephrite variety.
 
Upvote 0
Being in a gold plated pendant it is suspect. I would check with a jeweler, I also wonder if they would glue jade into the pendant. Being a precious stone I think it would have been in an actual gold pendant and held in by pressure from the settings. JMO
This is a good point normally with quality jade.
But with lower quality / "tourist jade" they glued like heck.

To the OP... yes it is Jade.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom