********REMEMBER VIETNAM********

Red,

I realize your original post was on a serious note, but these days, with all the idiocy that takes place in the middle east....it really is laughable at times. I don't think that mutual mass destruction remains in any country's book of play's. Russia can't afford fuel for their missles, N. Korea can't even reach Japan, and Iran will launch, and most likely hit Bagdad.....China may be a threat, but they own most of the land they would destroy.......we might as well make light of the situation, because we sure as hell can't change it.......Besides, you're invited up to stay at camp in the Greens if need be.......Gary

Actually i am kind of laughing at it,but,i'm also being honest with it as well.I wouldnt take to much stock into gov officials saying who has what for weapons either.Their lies flow like water,what makes this any different,not a hell of a lot.Ten to one theres Russian nuke carrying subs off the atlantic coast right now.You know there,is I know there is.

What bother's me the most is the slightest chance that O will take the nuclear "football", and run with it.....somehow he would fumble it, and something would go drastically wrong, and he would blame Bush.....Perhaps my tongur is firmly in my cheek, but I do not trust this bunch of peaceniks to do what is right, it's beyond their ability.....Gary

What bother's me the most is the slightest chance that O will take the nuclear "football", and run with it.....somehow he would fumble it, and something would go drastically wrong, and he would blame Bush.....Perhaps my tongur is firmly in my cheek, but I do not trust this bunch of peaceniks to do what is right, it's beyond their ability.....Gary

Knowing obozos past performance I wouldnt be surprised if he lost it:laughing9::Now where did I put it?:icon_scratch:

but I do not trust this bunch of peaceniks to do what is right,

Not when their most likely getting paid to do whats wrong.

Remember; we are the Unwilling Led by the Unqualified, to do the Unnecessary, for the Ungrateful!
SECOND VERSE ----------------- We have done so much with so little , We can do anything with nothing at all

Second thought ____ I was just discussing with a younger relative what History will view as the moment We as a nation , Turned the corner on our greatness --- I believe it was with that day in Dallas when JFK will killed --------------- Now not wanting to get into Dem /Rep stuff . He wanted out of Viet NAM, had issued an executive order to Print US Notes not FED Reserve , The country still backed the troops , and life was normal - After that the country made the tuen and it has been down hill ever since . We put so much into that place, men , money lives, and then when he had them against the wall , ( even Ho Chi Min said so after TET , We bailed because of the MEDIA - WALTER CRONKITE SUCH a waste But hem I am a grumpy old man

Remember Pearl harbor? You know, how we bunched a lot of ships together and Japan cleaned them out. Almost cost us the war before we got into it. HAY, ships bunched together like 5 destroyers, 2 carriers, 2 subs, and the new Marine base ship. History does repeat sometimes! Frank...
liberty lady 2.jpg

Second thought ____ I was just discussing with a younger relative what History will view as the moment We as a nation , Turned the corner on our greatness --- I believe it was with that day in Dallas when JFK will killed --------------- Now not wanting to get into Dem /Rep stuff . He wanted out of Viet NAM, had issued an executive order to Print US Notes not FED Reserve , The country still backed the troops , and life was normal - After that the country made the tuen and it has been down hill ever since . We put so much into that place, men , money lives, and then when he had them against the wall , ( even Ho Chi Min said so after TET , We bailed because of the MEDIA - WALTER CRONKITE SUCH a waste But hem I am a grumpy old man

Were YOU there, then...? VVA # 196 here. 1970; dropped out of college (JMU; WAS Madison College) b/c of all the crap that was "hitting the fan". Went back in 1973; got 2 degrees (Masters was enough). Primary Sponsor of Viet Nam Vets Group in MAX Security Prison (I was Group Facilitator/Counselor); Vets were "doing time"; QUITE a few WAR stories... they WERE STILL THERE! (Viet Nam).

Last edited:
Remember Pearl harbor? You know, how we bunched a lot of ships together and Japan cleaned them out. Almost cost us the war before we got into it. HAY, ships bunched together like 5 destroyers, 2 carriers, 2 subs, and the new Marine base ship. History does repeat sometimes! Frank...
View attachment 856644

Funny how all the US Aircraft Carriers were ordered out of Pearl a short time before the attack came.

Funny how all the US Aircraft Carriers were ordered out of Pearl a short time before the attack came.

Same thing about wake island,the marine were slaughtering the japanese landings there.Supply ships and reinforcements were stopped halfway there.If it werent for Winfield S. Cunninghams surrender(he saw all the japanese flags all over the place and thought the island was lost,little knowing that the japanese army kept track of their units where abouts with flags) i bet they could of held.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back