What's new

Remembering MANY years back.

Started at age 11 back in ‘73. Jetco Mustang for Christmas. Big, big waste of time, but that’s all I had, time.

Forward to ‘76 and I was 14 with an expensive Coinmaster II. Big waste of time because the machine was too much. Manual to set it up was an inch thick. My best finds were eyeballed!
 
I started in 1968 .. nobody called me anything..most had njo clue what I was even doing.
 
One of the things people most asked me was "You ever find anything with that GEIGER COUNTER+ Anyone else remember being asked this ?
 
When I was a kid, my eyes were always down. People thought I was just shy. I was looking for things. For some reason, one day I was on a swing in the back yard of my house and I had a bread bag of pennies...???... I tossed them up on top of our house. Bag broke and pennies rolled all over the place. Skip forward a few years(1969-70). I had bought a Bounty Hunter BFO and for sh!ts and grins I took it to my old home place to look for some of those pennies. I did find a bunch. One of them was a 1909 VDB...no S but VDB just the same! I've been hooked ever since! I still have that machine. Don't remember anybody giving me the razz for metal detecting, but you should have seen my digging tool!:laughing7:
 
One of the things people most asked me was "You ever find anything with that GEIGER COUNTER+ Anyone else remember being asked this ?
I was asked this question by a few "old timers", one being my Father in Law. He was a highly decorated Marine who fought in the Pacific during WW11. The older people seem to refer to it as a Geiger Counter rather than a metal detector. My Father in Law would be 98 years old, if he was still with us today, and honestly, I didn't mind what he called my detector. I knew what he meant, and that's all that mattered.
 
It did not bother me that they called it a geiger counter . I was just smiling and remembering
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom