Remote viewing to locate treasure, via hypnosis and/or hypnotic regression

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca, I tried the bent coat hanger thing on a new site once, marked eight places where the rods crossed, and followed up with my trusty White's. All eight spots had metal, mostly junk as it turned out, all only an inch or two down. A strange occurrence for sure, .

No, not strange at all. Most sites have tons of junk spread across them. I could go to any site and randomly throw baseballs and probably find METAL at each spot. There is nothing paranormal or psychic about that. If you can use you dowsing rods and find something of gold or silver at 51% of the spots, you are better than every other person who ever dowsed.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Jason , you are exactly right. There's random targets EVERYWHERE. Any md'r knows that. I mean ... especially around homesites , etc... And simply walking out into any cultivated field , there will be random nails , etc... So ... sure someone waves his coat-hangers around , turns on his detector , and is surprised there's metal close by?

thanx for catching that .

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I am of the opinion that the mind is capable of far more than we realize.

I couldn't agree more Barto and anything is possible. However, most of these "alternative" treasure hunting methods just simply melt under the light of even a moderate amount of scientific scrutiny. I tend to put my faith in science in matters like this, a lot of people don't and that is of course where the differences of opinion come from.

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
Jeff H, I hear ya, and agree that many disciplines must needs be utilized for success. I have done the Google Earth search thing, and brought an anomaly from it to the attention of friends in Great Britain, who did the whole archaeological thing and discovered a Saxon graveyard, each skeleton with his sword and knife. Cool to be a part of, but my heart lies in more historical treasure type stuff. Personally, I would need some strong assurances of good results, nay, evidence, before trying the shrooms or toads, and will definitely pass on the shaman piddle. Having consulted some professional hypnotists, I am assured that the idea is possible. However, I have so far had little success in getting them to discuss details to any great depth. This is due to the fact that the concept is new to them and their need to find the specific way to go about it. My take was that it is going to be a trial and error situation. The hows and whys of it all undoubtedly fall under the aspects of the discipline which are not yet fully understood, even by their own most knowledgeable. Perhaps my idea is pioneering in some sort of way, and may be tried down the road somewhere sometime. If one little fact or idea that pops up in this thread helps some treasure seeker to success, then I am also rewarded with success and satisfaction. Known historical treasure such as King John's treasure in the Wash, Alaric I, buried beneath the Busento River, Rennes le Chateau, templars, Visigoth, etc., were the type of historic treasures I had in mind with this concept. Not necessarily for personal wealth or gain either, such treasures belong where it can be seen and enjoyed by all. The finding of such a trove as those would bring many rewards. I love Ruggers idea of using a psychic, though my personal views on the validity of many psychic claims is rather negative, I nonetheless wish him every success. Not many years ago in Germany, some detectorists conceived a new idea to find locations that could not have been searched previously, and were rewarded with the success of finding a hoard of second century swords, which were priceless to archaeology. Instead of searching along roads for sites to detect, they used a boat on rivers to find locations that could not be seen or guessed from roads or maps. What were the ancients highways of the world? Rivers, and other waterways. The same here in Colonial America, people traveled by boat, built along creeks, near springs, as they all had to have water. I have a book of my states trout streams, past and present, and I don't use it for finding trout. Talk up the gents of your area fishing clubs, ask them if they could help you locate old foundations they may have seen in their endeavors. Shore lunch is a great time for stretching your legs in remote places. Happy hunting!

I guess one has to use what ever options available.The site I am working on is a lake about 80 miles long and 16 miles wide. So what side of the lake do we go on!
This is were my friend comes in,she gave her impressions that this area was used by the military dating back to 1700.My research confirmed this ,she gave
a firm description (land mark) confirmed by my several prospecting trips.This person had no previous account to this place.
I recorded the conversations she is 100% on the money .
We shall find out this spring. One thing you must keep in mind is to be open mind on all possible option.
She did not place an X on the map its up to me to decided and i'm not a couch potato and I make the decisions.
Rugger

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
How do you think metal detectors work ? They merely register changes in the electro-magnetic field caused by metal. Same as dowsing rods. They're just tools. Nuthin paranormal. No mumbo-jumbo or magic. Tore apart a metal detector once, and it was nuthin but a few wires connected to a speaker and a meter. Really the whole thing wasn't any more complicated or impressive than a child's battery operated toy. It's rather like comparing a string stung between two cans and a set of walkie talkies. They both transmit the sound of a voice. One's just a little more complicated than the other. I do know psychics are routinely used by law enforcement agencies all over the country. According to my sources in the agency, even the FBI uses them. At the Sheriff's Office i worked at, I saw two homicide cases solved by detectives working with psychics. Mumbo-jumbo ? I don't know. Helps keep me honest though (Lol).

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
How do you think metal detectors work ? They merely register changes in the electro-magnetic field caused by metal. Same as dowsing rods......

Seriously?? You're trying to equate a metal detectors explainable scientific principles, with a dowsing rod? To try to say that the dowsing rod is equally scientifically explainable? Sorry, this has been debunked before. Any attempt by proponents to say that the rod is somehow drawn to metal targets, by an explainable provable scientifically replicatable way ..... has crumbled. Even the most sincere advocates will eventually back down from this, and fall back on the following explanation:

"It is yet-to-be-discovered science".

In other words, just like man once said that it was impossible for man to fly, or that the earth was flat, etc... yet science eventually came along and "found" the explanation, or "disproved" those old "scientific" notions, etc... So too will science some day come along and explain how the rods work. But in the meantime, no .... there is no scientific explanation, and no, you can't equate them to metal detectors. Sorry 'bout that.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you think metal detectors work ? They merely register changes in the electro-magnetic field caused by metal.

Well first off, you need to learn how metal detectors function before you start throwing around "explanations". That psuedo half-truth garbage is what the LRL manufacturers spout.

Silverseeker

Nov 25, 2004
Indian Wells Valley, CA
Despite a $50 million reward, no psychics could locate Osama bin Laden after 9/11. And why has no one been able to claim the $1 million offered by skeptic and magician James Randi to anyone who can demonstrate paranormal abilities under strict scientific controls? Neither has anyone collected in France, Australia or India, where parallel groups have offered a 200,000-euro prize. It just comes down to what you choose to believe in, and where you choose to spend your money. Good luck, and I will be interested to see the results.

labradigger1

Sep 8, 2012
tucker co wv
Detector(s) used
whites dfx, mxt pro, tdi, bullseye II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as the saying goes, if you're psychic you tell me my credit card #

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Actually the United States Government has spent hundreds of millions of your tax dollars on psychic research and operational programs. Everybody remembers "StarGate" back in the 70's. Fewer people are familiar with operational programes like Gondola Wish and Grill Flame that continued right up through 1995, afterwhich all psychic operations were folded into the NSA and were completely classified. I do know one of the remote viewers in the Stargate Program recieved this nations highest "civillian" award in Sept. 1979, for reporting the construction of a new class of Soviet Nuclear Stealth Submarine at Polarni. The interesting thing about this feat, was the sub was being constructed inside a land locked factory. A few months before it left the naval base at Polarni, heavy equipment appeared on satellite images at the factory location and began contructing a massive canal from the factory to the ocean. Pretty impressive stuff, don't you think ? Were psychic viewers used to locate Saddam or Bin Ladin ? You'll probably will never know under the level of security enacted in the Post 9-11 World... (at least not for another 20 years or so).

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
As for magnetic fields being somekind of mystical force ? Or metal detector technology being based on something else other than magnetic field science ? I don't know what to tell ya dude. Try (R-E-A-D-I-N-G) up on a subject before you text about it. Especially if it has anything to do with science or technology. C'mon. Prizes and Contests as Proof ? Are you kidding me ? Seriously ? (Lol). I think the fact nobody's collected on one of these challenges says more about the dishonesty of the average skeptic, than it does the challengers. You can't CASH a rubber check.

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Why hasn't the AMAZING RANDY paid any money to the paranormal-psychology department at the University of Arizona ? They've conducted hundreds of tests under the strictest controls, where the results have been subjected to reviews by the National Academy of Science. Some of their participants have tested as high as a 90 percent range of success. With 65 % success rates not being found uncommon in the general population. WHAT'S UP RANDY ? Bank account too little light in the pants for a reality check ???

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
New-catfish, as soon as someone brought up the "randi" challenge reward offer thing, I knew it would just be a matter of time before someone came on and would claim the tests were un-fair , rigged , etc... And sure enough ......

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad I checked this thread out. It alerted me to a viable detecting method I had not been aware of.

So, Tom in CA, does it matter what size sneaker or type of birdseed is used? Do you tie it or leave it unlaced?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Charlie, Glad you are not one of those "naysayer doubters" who aren't "open-minded". Afterall, we "need all the tools in our arsenal that we can" right? And while it may not be known or prove-able science NOW, yet that simply means that future science will explain it (just like we once thought the earth was flat, etc...). And if you want, I can even provide a pix my shoe posed next to the jar of coins I found (you can't argue with photographic evidence afterall!)

Ok, the type of birdseed doesn't matter. But the size sneaker that works best is size 12 mens adidas. Simply take it out to any likely looking ruins you've researched, and throw it in the air. Wherever it points to when it lands, is the direction of metal. Then just take out your detector to pinpoint.

If you find no treasure or metals, here's the explanations: (take your pick)

1) you need more practice. If you've done it for a month so far, then you must need 2 months. If you've done it for a year, well then you must need 2 years, and so forth.

2) sun spots or solar flares

3) some devious person was closeby with a magnet in his pocket to skew the results of my proven tool.

4) the treasure was already removed from the spot, yet microscopic residue still remains in the hole that the shoe was picking up.

5) well gee, you dont' always find a goodie every time with your metal detector every time you go out, so why the double standard with my LRL shoe method???

6) you need my shoe upgrade kit, which I sell for only an additional $1,000! (specialized gold chamber etc...)

7) ah c'mon, we all know you really found a treasure. You're just keeping mum, to keep the IRS at bay, or to keep thieves from coming over to your house to steal those goodies!

Last edited:

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
A quote from Albert Einstein.. "When you can no longer imagine the unfathomable, the mysterious things of nature, you are already DEAD".

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A quote from Albert Einstein.. "When you can no longer imagine the unfathomable, the mysterious things of nature, you are already DEAD".

So I assume then that you too give credence to my LRL tennis shoe? Afterall, you need to "imagine he unfathomable", lest you be "dead", right? Glad that you too then are a believer in my shoe! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread