Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks switfan will let you know

Brushy Bandit

Jan 11, 2017
Carter County, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have met rgb1 and been to his lab, he is a first rate person and willing to help. Spent hours learning about chemistry and geology, along with John Swift stuff. Great guy ! If he tells you a rooster can pull a plow...hook him up!

Yes Great guy, one of the best. I've always heard it. If he says a Field mouse can pull a hay wagon Hook him him up!

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks brushy rgb1

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks curtis never know might need some backup

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry about being so long to reply , had meeting 10/ 9/ 18 2 owners there other 2 did not show one in PA. one SC. hope to have another soon so far no results either way . rgb1

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still lack one signature this guy hard nut to crack [still trying not going to give up] .

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after meeting for several hours wed. did make some progress however this is going to be very expensive it appears still did not get signature he is aware of mines but has no idea what is there when i told him he did not believe me very sceptical guess we will see down the road .

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually i try to be honest with people skeptical as he may be its still better to keep things on an even keel even though it cost more sometimes

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually i try to be honest with people skeptical as he may be its still better to keep things on an even keel even though it cost more sometimes

Nothing wrong with being honest, but if he is giving you a hard time... ? What would stop him from taking your info and running with it...if he owns the land why would he involve you at all? Maybe I misunderstood you, are you looking for mineral rights only or land purchase with mineral rights? Just be careful not to feed his greed is what I am getting at.

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

I wouldn’t have informed them of the potential yet. I would have only shared the possibility of a location. I’m afraid they’ll lock you out of your location and get it for themselves.. trust me, it happened to me once. I thought I was creating a partnership, when I was handing it all over..

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trouble is he says there is no metal in the old mines i agree there is none in metalic form its in chemical composition if you do not know how to treat it you will never see any metal

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trouble is he says there is no metal in the old mines i agree there is none in metalic form its in chemical composition if you do not know how to treat it you will never see any metal

So what would have been available for Swift to use to release the chemical bonds? Lye from wood ash, salt from the licks, lime from crushing limestone, salt peter or the oxidation process while being in a furnace were available...am I missing something else? Just trying to figure how Swift would have done it... I read that salt was needed for the smelting process, that would require a lick nearby, would the salt in KY licks be potassium chloride or sodium chloride? I have never checked into what was in the salt licks used in the pioneer days.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ANOTHER Salt "CAVE" was a HUGE cave in OLD Virginia, now known as West Virginia; it was Gen. Robert E. Lee's (CSA) FAVORITE...

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Bone lick, and many others adorn the KY hills! Buffalo usually made it easy to find salt. Potassium nitrate of course is in the bat dung in Carter caves and all over the state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread