Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it was gonna come off wrong...saying it was a bad trip when i got 6 gold ...BUT
we were supposed to go to Jamaica first - i dont know if i wouldve got away with hunting there
ive done good there on 3 other occasions - due to hurricane ...no go
next we were supposed to go to Caymans - ive neverr been there
due to hurricane - they did not go there - friends had told me good spots to go where they got gold and more
next we were supposed to go to Cozumel = i did very good there in past - again no go
and finally they were gonna end with their private island
they changed the itinerary to the private island first - okay no problem
but on the original plan we were supposed to be there till 9pm - we were there there till 4pm and had to board at 330pm - so lost time ... at the spot i got everything above
low tide was at like 4pm - so technically i only hit the area at high tide and only hit half the area
next day we arrive at Nassau Bahamas - ive done well there in the past
I had a couple of spots i could go to that im sure i wouldve gotten some gold at
my GF pulls up weather on her phone and theres a huge storm not to far from island
radar shows blues,greens,yellows and oranges on map - so my GF says what is she gonna due ?
I couldve been selfish and gone cause storms dont bother me in the water...but i told her we got another destination for 2 days and when we got back to port - we had 3 days at South bch Miami ...
another fav spot for me where i always get nice gold. So we grab breakfast with dark skies above then went back to room to grab a few more Zzzzzs. We wake up to partly summy skies - storm had broken up and was gone - Im not happy. Because we had to be back by 330 again....to walk to taxi pick up and drive to one of my spots would not be worth it.
So we put out to sea and travel to next and last island - Puerta Plata
Id been told by friend hunters that area sucked...it lived up to sucking
waters were some of the roughest ive ever hunted in and people that know me - know i hunt rough water but this was ridiculous - every time i got a hit and stopped to scoop - i got slammed and pushed off targets - i got some real nice signals but was not able to pull one out
next day we stay at that spot with no calm waters to hunt - so stayed aboard.
went to hang by the pool - took my shoes off and walked to enter pool - I have neuropathy..no feeling in my feet so i could not feel the griddle like surface i was walking on and stopped to wait for my GF not knowing that i was severely burning my feet...real bad - it took so much skin off that my foot was bleeding toes to heel on my right and half of my left - had to get a wheel chair and taken to medical unit and they had to wrap my feet completely and ride in wheel chair for next three days - not only that ....my right would not stop bleeding and had to be wrapped my next 3 days in south bch which meant no detecting. As i write this - my feet are still wrapped and healing slowly

Upvote 8
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thumbnail_output_image1664995591781.jpg

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy moly man, so sorry to hear the trip went so poorly!! Looking at the rings one might think it was a great trip but getting detoured was bad enough, hurting your feet sounds terrible! I sure hope you heal up well and fast!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man.....that doesn't look fun at all. Sorry to here your down again. I haveburnt the soles of my feet on the hot asphalt/sand of south florida.....but never like that. My neighbor had the same issue, and always was injuring his feet and not knowing.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh man, that is a rough trip. At least you came out with a few gold early on before all that suffering. Hope it all heals up well.

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get back on your feet soon.

I hope he doesn't! Those feet need to heal, man! Rest up. Switch that water out for a cold beer and relax for a while. We're rooting for you. :occasion14:

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was gonna suggest you soak your feet in warm saltwater but you probably don't want to hear that.

Laughter is the best medicine

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I would happily trade those gold rings for healthy feet....I assume you would too!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Man, I "liked" the story but don't get me wrong - the (almost) total experience sure did SUCK.
Better luck next time, but always wear feet protection as I say when in the surf and everywhere else near a beach.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hope you're managing ok Casper.
I have neuropathy also, just happened one day I woke up and the feet were tingly.
I still have a certain amount of feeling-but not good.
Takes a long to heal anything up it seems.
Got another ulcer below the ankle this summer, but I got on it and treated it, but there was no water activity at all.
I'm going to be looking into some sort of water boots to protect the fragile skin.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm praying for full and speedy recovery.

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that was bad, i had a friend that lost his leg with that, take care of yourself Casper .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread