Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went back to my old permission and pounded site...managed to squeeze this rare Royal Fencible Americans Rev War coat sized button out of the iron and a few other goodies as well such as complete 1700's shoe buckle and ram rod thimble...good news is Farmer will do a deep plough this Fall.

The Royal Fencible American Regiment of Foot (or RFA) was a Loyalist battalion of infantry raised in 1775 to defend British interests in the colony of Nova Scotia.

20201029_163012.jpg 20201029_163024.jpg 20201030_094713.jpg
20201030_095057.jpg20201030_095038.jpg
20201029_162305.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 40
living in Nova Scotia i can appreciate that little bit of history. thank you for sharing and thank you for the lesson.

cheers

Jason

It looks like several buttons?
Your philosophy is “BANNER material” to me.
It is so simple and true, it is as beautiful as anything I have gazed upon anywhere.
It seems like all the “things” we find are escapes when looking for personal piece of mind. You have found and described just that.
You have given everyone a treasure, even if they do not pick it up.

that's an awesome button. it's a shame it's not 100% complete. Congrats!

What a rare and Awesome piece of American Revolutionary War history! :occasion14:

that's an awesome button. it's a shame it's not 100% complete. Congrats!

Yes that's the thing with he old pewter buttons in the ground....but once in awhile one will appear complete..

Congrats!!!! I know the feeling all to well when it comes to those RFA buttons. They don't come up very often. The regiment wasn't huge and only lasted a short time before being disbanded. Congrats again brother! Killer find!

Very nice finds. Congratulations on the Royal Fencible American Regiment of Foot button:icon_thumright:

Very nice, & one I dont think I've seen posted before!

Great news on the ploughing.:icon_thumright: (we are lucky now if they do a deep plough, once every 5 years)

Very nice button don't see those often Cong.

Your year is made with that one! You're in the same club as that guy who used to detect.... what's his name.... oh yeah Relicmedic. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back