OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some brilliant art style there. It takes real skill to work with dark colors and make it work ya nailed the moon. you really have a talent. Still quicker then me I was painfully slow. I too Prefer oil paint over acrylic paint. Do you use linseed oil after paint is dry.

Oil on canvas or board?

Crow
Most of mine are on canvas, have done some on canvas board, as well as wood, frying pans, saw blades, plates, even a few mail boxes.

I have used acrylics too, but I perfer oils. I haven't sealed or used linseed oil on any of mine, I have paintings I painted 25+ years ago that were not sealed and colors are still as good and vibrant as day painted.

It takes about a week to surface dry to the touch, and can take up to 6 months for the thicker darker areas of paint to completely dry. Underneath.

If I want to change or add something later on after painting has dried I can do it dry or add a little liquid clear or white then paint over it or cover the area in liquin then paint........... Patience is the secret, something I don't always have and I end up having to fix something because I was impatient.

On the wild life I used liquin added to paint to speed up the drying, on the wildlife it is painted in stages, when happy with a stage it is covered in thin coat of liquin and allowed to dry, that protects the stage just completed, any paint after that can be wiped off and stage below remains protected.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made a few small changes, pretty much completed now.

1000007192.jpg

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another portal painting painted yesterday.

1000007262.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread