✅ SOLVED Revolutionary War Belt Plate

LuckOfTheIrish

Jan 28, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Hey TNET,

So recently I went digging at a site occupied dating all the way back to the Revolutionary War. I found this piece several inches in the ground and immediately knew what I had. The back has the hooked attachment for the buckle. The only problem with this piece is that it looks to have been cut in half.

My question for you TNET is can you help me find another example of this plate? What regiment would this have belonged to? And is there any other information out there that you can help me find.

Thanks in advance and I am sorry for the blurry picture but that is the best I can do with my cell phone.

LuckOfTheIrish

Attachments

• mms95picture.jpg
    mms95picture.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 821
OP
OP
LuckOfTheIrish

LuckOfTheIrish

Jan 28, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Thanks for the ID guys. I knew I had something good when I pulled it out of the ground but a wasn't 100% sure what I had exactly. I have extensive knowledge of the Civil War and its artifacts so a Revolutionary War piece is definitely a pleasant surprise.. And a little bit of new territory. Once I get out of class I will post a few new pictures for you all to see!

Upvote 0

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other piece of that buckle is more then likely in or near the spot you dug/found it in!! good luck :occasion14:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread