What's new

rileyboy on the mend

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Hi Everyone, Sorry, but have been out of commission since November 28th. Was outside raking a few leaves. Nothing heavy and suddenly my first hip replacement, completed in March 2006, went "south" on me. I managed to hang onto the fence for about an hour until my son got home. He rushed me to the hospital and x-rays confirmed the ceramic ball had shattered and came apart inside of me. They couldn't operated on me for four days because of the blood thinners in my system, so was on my back in ICU waiting. They finally were able to replace the hip and am now home recouperating. Terrible ordeal and don't wish that on anyone. Anyway, aside from the soreness and boredom, I'll survive. Thanks for all your concerns and personal notes. I appreciate it and love ya all.
rileyboy
 
Upvote 0
Glad your better :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Now get out there and find some silver :laughing9:
 
SOO sorry to hear of your problem. My prayers are with you.

getting older isn't for the weak. :-(
 
Glad your back home and resting. Get well soon. I know Riley is glad your home! :icon_sunny:

apush :read2:
 
Thanks for all your best wishes. Means a lot to me. I have been getting up and around about three times a day, but get tired easily. Hope to be back to my old self soon. In the meantime, get out there and find that "silver". I'll be reading about all your good scores.
ciao,
rileyboy and "Riley"
 
I hope your hip mends quickly and that you got a better one this time.

HH
CD
 
Good thing you're alright. Hope your recuperation goes nice and quick, and you find a crapton of silver to help with the medical bills.
 
Wish ya luck with the new hip and hope you can get back out soon. In the mean time, take it easy! ffd
 
Sorry about your ordeal. Hang in there!
 
Sorry to hear about your ordeal! Each well, rest well, and recover soon!
 
Glad to hear you're on the mend and hope all goes well... Fist time I've heard of someone having a hip replacement, replacement.
 
Yikes, hope you recover quickly! So are you an all-titanium hip now or got more ceramic? I'm not all up on how they do hip replacements :)
 
Riley To The Rescue

I thought you could use a helper to carry out your coins. Get Well you Nut. JP
 

Attachments

  • DogAndSaddleBag_Full.webp
    DogAndSaddleBag_Full.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 268
Riley,
Very glad to hear that you are back home. Hope you are back up to full speed soon.
In the meantime, enjoy the holidays and get ready to score silver in the new year!
Steve
 
So glad you are back and on the mend rileyboy!!! My prayers for a speedy recovery are with you! Just remember that the silver is replenishing along with your strength and will be ripe for the picking when you get back into the swing of things again!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Good luck recovering. Maybe you can have them make the next hip replacement out of melted down 40%ers that you found CRHing. Would probably hold up better than the ceramic one. ;D

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom