Ring finders club any members here

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee I guess nobody on treasure net is a rings finder member

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a member of Ring Finders. I have helped a lot of people . I do recover my Dues every year. Meet a lot of nice people and get a GREAT FEELING helping them out !!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a member of that group, but have found and returned a dozen rings over the years. Local people just hear about me by word of mouth, and I'm always glad to help.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gee I guess nobody on treasure net is a rings finder member
I'm not a member yet but I have been considering joining.
I contacted the Ring Finder who is listed in the directory/on the map as the closest person to my area, and she explained that she does get requests from my area and she thinks I'd get work if I joined.
I would do it for the reasons described by Gare - meet nice people, the great feeling when you help someone; I wouldn't expect that it would be any sort of "money maker" and I personally wouldn't be motivated by that.

Good luck as you evaluate the possibility 49er12.

- Brian

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate your continued thoughts on subject, need of service depends on opportunity of recovery which is goal. Compensation unclear on average, possible value of item, or the challenge itself. Excitement of the find, wouldn’t be nice to get a sponsor to detect on more professional level. Any chance those have had the ability to do so

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i GOT A CALL TUESDAY EVENING. lady lost her $5,000 wedding ring. I had to turn her down. Seems she in in a hospital and it came up missing in her room. I have NO idea how to search a hospital room. Heck it could have been stolen even. Anyone else had requests like this.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i GOT A CALL TUESDAY EVENING. lady lost her $5,000 wedding ring. I had to turn her down. Seems she in in a hospital and it came up missing in her room. I have NO idea how to search a hospital room. Heck it could have been stolen even. Anyone else had requests like this.

Yes, I got a very similar one: an older woman wanted help finding a missing earring....in her house. She heard I was a metal detector (not a detectorist) and wanted my help.
She seemed disappointed when I explained that my machine would beep at all the metal in her house.

- Brian

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive got a lot of friends that are in it
ive returned at least 20 rings over the yrs not counting other lost items
never took a dime but thats me - know others that have gotten some pretty good
rewards - ive gotten good karma from almost every return ive made
found another gold later that day or right of the bat on my next hunt :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding Casper, in some ways it’s the challenge of finding the item, when someone smiles in excitement, handshakes or hug, that’s payment in most cases, thankyou

JCinPC

Greenie
Jul 18, 2017
Lower Alabama
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to join, except for the fact there are limited memberships. Members can secure a perimeter lock of 60 or 100 mi. radius.
Says they accept only 3 members per location. For $195, a member can secure all 3 available membership spots. My area is locked to one person who has been a member of Ringfinders for many years. He does good work.
Otherwise, $65 for an annual membership, which gets you listed on their website, along with other perks.

CW3

Greenie
Nov 21, 2016
Traverse City,Mi
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, ETRAC, Excaliber II (2), Soverign GT, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm a member and its been great.

I'm at 30 ring returns right now. You don't get credit for the other returns like keys or phones.

My rewards have been from $20.00 to $600.00. I understand people doing it for free. I would if it was one or 2 calls a year. I did 23 calls last year and was gone every weekend from July 4 to labor day. I'm on call 24/7, the people you give back a $10,000 ring, have no problem giving you a reward. You have to be careful you don't get hurt. The women will tackle you, just make sure you see them coming.

If you become a member, I will give you some advice that took me 2 years to learn.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cw3 what advice shall you give that took 2 years to learn curious, considering joining

CW3

Greenie
Nov 21, 2016
Traverse City,Mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
1. If you want calls you have to blog every call. I don't care what the blog says, you attach tags to the blog post. The tags are how people find you the most. The first thing people search the internet for is "metal detector rental in the town they live in". Your tags should be metal detector rental "your town". Just look at the other peoples tags on the site, you want them associated with the towns you want to cover.

2. The people have a short term PTSD. They will lie to you when looking you straight in the face and you think its the truth. They are so desperate to get the ring back they will tell you anything. You have to figure out what questions to ask to find the ring. I will ask them a question, then 1/2 hour later ask the same question, but word it a little different and see if the answer changes.

Last summer, I had a guy say he felt his ring slide off his finger in shoulder deep water. He is 6'4" and I am 5'8". I was in neck deep water for 5 hours and could not find the ring. I gave him my excal and had him search the deeper area I could not reach and he found nothing. I took him up to shore and said if you want your ring back you need to start talking. Something physical happened in the last couple days to make the ring come off. He finally said, "I fell out of a kayak a couple days ago up the river". He said there is no way he went 2 days without his ring. We went up the river and when I got out of the kayak, i visually spotted his ring.

3. They tell you on the phone "I know the exact the spot I lost my ring". You get to the location and the area they show you is 50 feet wide by 1/4 mile long. Or they draw you a map and they are 100 yards off from the real spot. I've have searches take 9 hours to find the ring. I have a lot of searches off shore on sandbars. I just ask for pictures showing the shoreline in the background to get a line of sight to find the location they were at.

4. Its not all rainbows and unicorns. I go on any call and don't try to just pick the easy ones. I've been out in 100 degree weather in the summer and -9 degrees in the winter.

5. Do the reward basis. You will be further ahead in the long run. People who can afford it usually give a better reward. I also go to $800,000 houses and spend a couple hours searching to get the ring and they give me $20.00. At the end of the year you will be further ahead with the reward basis. On the other hand you help the people who cannot afford it. I did a call in the winter when it was -9 degrees. Took 1/2 hour to get the ring. She was trying to give me $17 dollars for the reward. I found out she had cancer and all her money was going to medical bills. I have a conscience and there is no way I could sleep at night, if I would have taken money from her. I do calls for free for first responders, military, veterans, police, firemen, broke college kids and broke young people with kids.

6. When searching, clear every target in the search area. I had a ring land beside pop can once. That call took 3 hours longer than it should have, because I did not clear the pop can signal. Also people will tell you the ring is silver and its actually white gold.

7. Be 100 percent professional every minute in front of the public and build a good reputation in your area. I have worked with insurance companies. With them I charge $300.00 a day if I don't find the ring or 30 percent of the value if I do find it. I have people call me and say " Is this CW3? I'm offering $500.00 for you to find my wife's ring. I've heard your the guy to call". I've also been called to a fatal car accident to look for a bracelet that a 19 year girl old was wearing. The mom wanted her daughter buried with the bracelet she bought her daughter. You never know what calls you will get involved in. I did that one for free.

8. Have a to go box ready and always have your detector charged and ready to go. You never know when a call will come in. I've also had 3 calls in the same day.

9. Know your detector 100 percent. You don't have control on the location the ring is lost. Some are very trashy and some are very clean. I usually turn the sensitivity down to 10 on the ctx. Usually the ring is not going to be deep in the ground. Know all your settings, so if needed you can adjust your settings to the location. If you have multiple coils for your detector take them all every time. I had a call last winter with a ring lost in the snow. Her fiancee likes to throw his change out his truck window in the area the ring was lost. After an hour of searching and being half froze to death, I decided the only way to find the ring was switching to the 6" coil to separate all the signals out. I found the ring 45 minutes later. You need to be able to adapt to the location you are in.

10. I personally don't have a problem taking a reward from people. It bothers me when people tell me I should be doing it for free. I had my stock coil on the ctx go bad last year costing me $350.00 because I do so many calls. I drive 2 hours to the location. These calls take a lot of time from my family during the summer. I do what ever it takes to get the ring back. The people don't have any issues with the reward basis.

If you join and are having issues finding a ring, you can call me and I will try to give any advise I can.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1. If you want calls ...

If you join and are having issues finding a ring, you can call me and I will try to give any advise I can.

CW3 it was incredibly generous of you to post all of your suggestions and lessons learned. Thank you for doing this.
I can see why "you're the guy to call"!

I think I'm joining today.

- Brian

CW3

Greenie
Nov 21, 2016
Traverse City,Mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I forgot one.

11. Do not ever under any circumstances say to yourself "this is going to be an easy one".

That is a ring you will never find.

CW3

Greenie
Nov 21, 2016
Traverse City,Mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
CW3 it was incredibly generous of you to post all of your suggestions and lessons learned. Thank you for doing this.
I can see why "you're the guy to call"!

I think I'm joining today.

- Brian

Thank you very much Brian.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job explaining thanks, never expect easy and a reward make best judgment correct

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread