What's new

Ring help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I found this 18K gold ring with the name Linda and a date of 1-7-73 or 1-9-93. I was assuming it was 1993 or 1973 until someone said the writing style seems older, so it is possibly 1893/1873. Were there names ingraved on rings in the 1800's? Also, does the outside pattern look machined? Any guesses. I am hoping it is from 1800's. :wink:
Thanks for any input.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1863.webp
    IMG_1863.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1864.webp
    IMG_1864.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1865.webp
    IMG_1865.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1866.webp
    IMG_1866.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1867.webp
    IMG_1867.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1864.webp
    IMG_1864.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1863.webp
    IMG_1863.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1865.webp
    IMG_1865.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1866.webp
    IMG_1866.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1867.webp
    IMG_1867.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 225
I can't really help, but to me even a modern engraved ring would be in an older style simply because it's much nicer.
 
Upvote 0
I agree patch.
 
Upvote 0
Garbaldi, it looks like the engraving is Lynda instead of Linda. Linda is an older name than Lynda as Lynda is a derivative. Below are the popularity charts of both names, so it might help you decide which year/decade. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • LyndaNameGraph.webp
    LyndaNameGraph.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 208
  • LindaNameGraph.webp
    LindaNameGraph.webp
    18 KB · Views: 199
Upvote 0
Interesting Breezie. The charts seem to point to the ring being being 1973/1993. Good job. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
The numbers on the date 1-9-93 are a modern font.
 
Upvote 0
I assume it is a T, the top is missing and I am more convinced that it is 1993. I am going to green check it. Thank you for all your help. Great stie taz.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom