What's new

River finds and local pics

detectahead

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,564
Reaction score
875
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! My trips to the river will come to a screeching soon. The water last time i got in was just a tad cool. These finds are from 3 days of hunting. There's never a lack of targets which is good in a way because it tells me no one's been there. Even the smallest sound i dig. One of the silver rings was a soft almost inaudible sound but repeating. After a good 8 to 10 inches of gravel and rock it came up. Silver on the right' gold on the left. Top and botton are 10k(5 pieces of ice in bottom, tested real) 14k on middle one. Other pics are of junk rings (yea ,thats how many rings i got in 3 days) and the all famous slaw. Pics are of some local scenery(fall colors are coming in great!) and myself. Thanks for looking. HH all!
 

Attachments

  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    92.5 KB · Views: 915
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    101.7 KB · Views: 908
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    97.1 KB · Views: 911
  • 025.webp
    025.webp
    151.3 KB · Views: 905
  • 040.webp
    040.webp
    144.1 KB · Views: 893
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    138.6 KB · Views: 894
  • 015.webp
    015.webp
    91.7 KB · Views: 893
Upvote 0
dang, thats a lotta digging there.. congrats on the silver and gold.. and thanks for cleaning up that small stream too..good karma coming on that one.. :thumbsup:
 
Thanks fro cleaning out that river!

Nice pics!
 
Love hunting rivers! Not all that easy, but always a good time! :thumbsup:
 
Nice finds. I bet you're sore after all that digging.

I'm just curious. How does one recover targets in streams? Everytime I am up in NC I'm dreaming about detecting some of the swimming areas. One of the main reasons I haven't hunted there is because I am not sure on the recovery process......also I don't know the laws there.

I sent you a message.

thanks and look forward to seeking more of your finds.

HH
 
That's a lot of trash digging, but you got some great rings and a lot of quarters for the effort. What's the story of the stream? Local swimming spot? It doesn't look that deep, so I'm curious.
 
Love the finds, the third pic is great of the bomb disposal guy with detector searching for the rings!!!! HH Chug
 
That was a lot of digging but some
very nice "gas money coins" and rings
for your efforts. Thanks for posting those
very nice pictures. HH Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
How the hell do people lose all that jewelry in such a small "stream"? Looks far too shallow to innertube...
 
Silver Surfer said:
How the hell do people lose all that jewelry in such a small "stream"? Looks far too shallow to innertube...

When I was up there in the summer I saw one stream with close to fifty people in it. The water was maybe up to their knees but some were sitting in the water and their kids were playing. I guess it's to cool off.

I've been surprised over the years finding stuff in places where one would think nobody was there but magically there was something to be found.
 
Thanks all for your replies!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom