Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I had a hunch and decided on an area of the river that is probably over looked by many. Even I myself rarely think of this section. I walked down the bank about 100yrds just past some rocks and rapid area. Within my first sweeps, I began to get hits. A good sign that no one has been there. 30 min and nothing. Then came the chain link silver ring and right after that, a piece of a silver ring. Just a little further up and I eyeball the phone. As I made my way to it, I got a good hit and looked down and saw 3 of the nine total dollar coins, plus most the change you see in the pic. The watch I also found here a few steps away. 20 mins later and the silver bracelet was in my hand. I tic tac the river so that i can cover the most area in the shortest amount of time possible. Crossing over, I spot the Harley glasses and I'm telling myself what a good hunch I had. Another hit, and up came the elephant bracelet and Im really stoked now. Thought for sure it was 10k until I looked through my glass and saw the 925-bummer. By this time I had covered the 100 yards where I had got in at. I figured I had done enough damage and thats when I eyeballed the belt ring. Its not silver (no marks) and Im thinking its pewter or crap. Between all the finds and slaw I was spent. Total 3 1/2 hours. Even though I didnt come up with any gold ticket, I was a happy camper. In pic of slaw, in which I always find keys, is my first ear phone find. Thanks for looking, Detectahead

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 403
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 405
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 396
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 391
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nine of the dollar coins? Amazing! I didn't think anybody actually used those things. :D :D

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife found that very same watch (missus watch works) this morning ??? Pretty cool. Man you did all the good!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey You....pssst~!

Thank you for disposing the slaw properly.
As you may know, we have a irresponsible one, really ticking off some of the landowners.
This person isn't even covering his holes, now Buncombe county called me to help find the loser.

Keep your eyes open please. :)

Nice finds down there :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread