Road trip box orders?

thing

Aug 8, 2009
Has anybody noticed any advantage to ordering boxes to pick up at different banks which are far away from their home. With the amount of hunters out there it seems like no one area will be any better then any other area. It really all depends on getting the right box at the right time and location doesn't even matter. I remember I went to flag staff a few years ago and didn't find anything special there and I spent the day in Yuma once and the boxes weren't anything special, The same is true for Laughlin. Yet in los angeles an area full of hunters I have still found some rather good boxes.

I am asking because I am going to Yosemite next week and debating if i should pre order a few boxes from Fresno and Merced or would i be better off sticking to my patterns and just getting from la.

Please I would love to hear some opinions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have done this before. I ordered a couple boxes to arrive at a bank in Boise while I was visiting. I pulled a few 40s from those boxes. I did really well from CWRs I bought while there though. I called ahead to all the banks near my in-laws house & had them save all their CWRs for me. Scored 3 90% Kens, 7 Bens & quite a few 40s. This was last summer.

Attachments

• image-3308471207.jpg
    image-3308471207.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 83
I am allways up for trying a new area out, I don't go real far from my territory, but I have tried ordering from one of my bank branches that is over 50 miles away from me twice now. 2 boxes of halves each time and first time 1 one of the boxes had 5 bens and 3 40's the second time 1 box had 10 40's in it, I think it was worth the trip and 15 dollars in gas, but yes, if it was me, I would try and order a little something to see. HH, Maverick.

I'm in Ohio, every time I'm in Colorado I pick up some halves, mainly for the Denver mints. Since halves don't circulate very much, they are rare back east.

If you are going on a road trip make it an all-day one and dump some coins and ask for CWRs too. It should pay for your gas!

Gold Maven said:
I'm in Ohio, every time I'm in Colorado I pick up some halves, mainly for the Denver mints. Since halves don't circulate very much, they are rare back east.

What part if Ohio?

Certainly don't see any down side to ordering boxes on the road trip - more boxes are more boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back