What's new

Road Trip Results!

DAS7NY

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2008
Messages
338
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hey everyone! I was able to take a roadtrip today! I haven't been posting or searching much, due to school but I have been lurking. I didn't have any tests today and none tomorrow so today I took a trip to hit some banks on the Jersey Shore! Three hours netted me 19 40%'s and a 1976 S Silver Proof. I should have pictures up for tomorrow! Happy hunting! :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
where in Jersey did you go? i have hit both south and central but never any finds. :thumbsup:
 
mistergee said:
where in Jersey did you go? i have hit both south and central but never any finds. :thumbsup:

I was in Keyport, Amboy, Mattawan, and a few of the other surrounding towns. I cleaned up! I called or hit every single bank! lol The bulk of my finds came from one bank where they said they had no halves, then I persueded the lady to check it the vault where they had $50. I gained 17 40% from that lot. Then I walk into a bank and ask for halves and the lady has only two. I point and say "I'll take THAT one." That's how I got the 76 S Silver Proof! A little while before those banks, I was making calls on my iPhone to the local banks. (All except BofA because I hate the freaking robots, and being on hold burns my minutes) A Soveriegn Bank had $50. I picked it up (After driving 45 minutes in 2 mile circles because the numbering system in NJ is so messed up! Even my iPhone couldn't find this place!) and I netted a lone 40%. I go back to making phone calls and ANOTHER Soverign Bank has $96! I was excited because very rarely do banks have halves when I go like this! $16 was loose and there were 8 hand rolls (Everything on this trip was hand rolled). As the teller pours the loose halves out onto the counter she asks me if I'm a collector, I told her I was. She's counting them and sees the 67. She says "Oh this one will be good for you. Right?" I asked her if she was a collector and she said she "grabbed what she could." I asked her if she had been through the rolls and she said she hadn't. This is the moment where I was wishing I carried a $0.50 Indian Head on me! I really believe I would've been able to stun her with that, maybe get her to reveal her collection! But that's something I'll do next time. Out of that batch I got one lone 40% again, the loose one I saw.

All together it was a fun day! Considering I only CRHed for 3 hours I think I did pretty well. Off to do some boxes now! HH! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom