What's new

Road trip schwag

StevoCBR

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
541
Reaction score
39
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after some great road trips; I noticed all the bags I amassed, and that it would be cool to share. What have u found out there in the search for Ag?
 

Attachments

  • Picture 001.webp
    Picture 001.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 385
  • Picture 013.webp
    Picture 013.webp
    141.3 KB · Views: 363
  • Picture.webp
    Picture.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 380
Upvote 0
nice finds there!!! i love when a bank gives a cloth bag, or a zippered bag, they are very convenient! thanks for sharing! keep it up and hh!
 
Wow you get zippered bags? Most of the banks around here usually give me plastic Walmart or dollar store bags... or a paper money sleeve taped together. Lol
 
I've never gotten a bag, how do you get those? Would be better than stuffing my coat pockets with rolls
 
Nice pics of your secondary "spoils of victory".

While I've only collected several of the canvas bags, I do have quite a collection of the zip bags.

Thanks for sharing
 
Thanks guys glad u enjoyed it as much as I did.

Conpewter, I just ask usually. I have developed a little skit as to the reason I'm wanting "all" the banks haves. Never mentioning "collecting", "silver" etc. I think the key is that I appear to not know what I'm doing, and that I'm not a "collector" that will be back. But I also always walk in and act like i own the joint..ie I'm a bank member, so I think that in many cases that helps to.

Thurmownator, you should post some pics. I would love to see the your variety.

Good luck and HH!
 
"I have developed a little skit "


care to elaborate? :icon_thumright:
 
Sure. When asking for halves, if asked i say "grandma" wants them and I don't know why. I'm 36 so I can still pull that off:), only about 10% of tellers will take it further than that and ask "what does she do with them?". I simply say that I have no idea, and what ever it takes to make grandma happy. I play errand boy, which many times gets a "ahh what a sweet boy" response.

When I first got into this hobby thanks to this site. I read and read posts on here and formulated my plan. Because of course we don't want to alert the tellers. And I have walked into banks that have been sitting on the halves for decades maybe or at least years, and coming in with cash to buy them all raises eyebrows all the time. So having this excuse that my old "possibly hording" grandma wants them all seems to defuse the situation nicely:) I've joked with my real grandma (who i talked into buying a bunch of silver at $18 an ounce) and thinks it's cool what I do, I missed my calling. I should have been a actor:)

Hope that helps as I have been VERY successful using this. This of course will not work for banks that have see one or two CRHer's before. But for the cherry banks, like a charm.
 
nice skit and even better get Grandma in at $18 :headbang:
 
grampa said:
nice skit and even better get Grandma in at $18 :headbang:

Thanks it was a bit nerve racking when it stayed around $18 for most of 2010, luckly the manipulations still didn't hold from hitting $30. So that was a relief, since nobody wants to be responsible for steering their grandma wrong...lol ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom